• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Rusty, turning a rusty turd into a slightly less rusty turd...

Thanks guys. :awesomework:

I guess its a good thing your buddy reminded you to put some tail-lights in it. Looks good.:awesomework:
Would have been better if you pointed it out last weekend when you were down here, would have saved me some extra body work. :fawkdancesmiley:

Sweet. No more cutting out when you're jumping stumps? :redneck:

The back looks good. :awesomework:

Haha, yeah, now I can really drive like an asshole. :redneck:

Got the tail-lights in and all wired up. I also changed out the brake pads on the front axle, had new ones sitting around for a while now. I picked up a fire extinguisher mount from Stinky Fab and got it welded on the cage. So I am pretty much done for now, need to get it out on the trail again now.

Took the Cruiser out to Tahuya yesterday, the propane works great, she runs awesome and it never stalled the entire day, so it was well worth the money, just wish I would have done it years ago.

Here you can see my fancy working tail-lights...
DSC_0066.jpg

Replaced the slow as molasses Ramsey with Comeup Seal 9.5i, spooled it up with some Master Pull winch line. I redid my front bumper too.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363495335777.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363495335777.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 294
Finally after like 6 years, I trashed my windshield frame on the Busy, nothing hit the glass, but the frame bent (both sides actually) and busted the glass.

I hacked the sides of my new windsheild frame and replaced it with tube, should keep the frame from bending again.

Attachments

• IMG_20120520_110604-1.jpg
    IMG_20120520_110604-1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 289
  • 20130302_182732.jpg
    20130302_182732.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 287
So I managed to bust my t-case in half up at Walker Valley, came down hard on my rear driveshaft and this happened:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I had a spare t-case, the internals are all rusted up, but the case itself is in good shape, so I'm in the process of getting a case back together right now.

It already has a full t-case skidplate, it came down on the driveshaft a few inches behind the skidplate.

Its something I threw together as a temporary one about 4 years ago. :redneck: It is about 40% factory skid plate, 60% scrap 3/16" plate.

Its something I threw together as a temporary one about 4 years ago. :redneck: It is about 40% factory skid plate, 60% scrap 3/16" plate.

Well played, why reinvent the skid plate. Might as well just make whats there better, wonder what kind of shenanigans I can come up with. :cool:

So I got a t-case put together today and got it put into the Cruiser.

Since my rear driveline is trashed I need to build a new one. I figured out that 79-83 mini truck drivelines used the same bolt pattern on the flanges as the early Cruiser's. So I picked up a driveline to hack up and build a new one out of. The u-joints in it were junk, so I ordered some new ones, I'll have those in a few days. So once I get those, I will build the driveline and then she will be ready for trail again.

Got a new rear driveline built and bolted up, so now the Cruiser is ready to go again.

As soon as I find another mini truck driveline I will build a new front driveline.

Got a new rear driveline built and bolted up, so now the Cruiser is ready to go again.

As soon as I find another mini truck driveline I will build a new front driveline.

Nice :awesomework: . Wish I was as efficient as you. I hope to have mine done by the end of July..well as done as a project FJ40 can get..until I break it and make it better. :cool:

Haha, well your project is a little bigger than mine was.

That's cool you are that close to finishing your's up.

Haha, well your project is a little bigger than mine was.

That's cool you are that close to finishing your's up.

I have sourced a set of FJ60 axles from the 2F donor vehicle. I will swap those in one day before i head back down to your neck of the woods..soo it will never be done. :haha: