• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project "Secret Squirrel"

I will be the first one to admit the deception, it clears everything...almost but I believe we have that remeded or will have shortly It is pretty surprising how many things will fit under a sami....:awesomework:

Last edited:
Name for this rig:

I mean besides 'Secret Squirrel'.

Suzuki main body. Tacoma Motor. Frame by Crash.

Should be something to combine here that makes sense....

Or maybe I should just go back to basketweaving....

Ok so I got all the shifters popped into place for good and figured I would bleed the clutch again and adjust the rod since the clutch had gotten worse and you almost had to bend the floor pushing it to try and release it..

Well this is where I found the very first problem with the rig--and thank goodness it was now.. And apon looking at it I can see why.

jack428.jpg

You can see how the arm twisted/bent and I went and looked at a toy arm and yup--the zook is just too thin since the clutch pressure felt very normal so I know it was not due to anything binding up..

So I went ahead and re-worked it back into place..

jack429.jpg

I looked at a couple different options for fixing the problem--the first being just adding some flatbar/strap it to add thickness. Well I decided to just gusset it down to the platform I made to go over to the clutch rod. Once I did that I put some force against it and it wouldn't bend unlike when I re-worked it back into place--that was quite easy..

jack430.jpg

jack431.jpg

So I threw some paint on it and will toss it back into the rig tommorow.

So it has been onme heck of a week--totaly nuts with alot of late nights..

So--I finally got thje shocks all done on the front..

jack433.jpg

jack434.jpg

jack435.jpg

And these are skyjacker nitros which I have used on a # of rigs--including mine back when I had leafs....

The winch rope finally came in so I had jack throw that on while he was at the shop---He was like a kid who just got 5lbs of candy,lol..

jack436.jpg

So at this point it was time to clean up the small stuff. One thing I never did was finish hooking the tach wire from the ecm to the cluster. I can't tell if the tack is whacky or I need to do some reading on the signal difference from the toy to the zook tach signal. The tack is bouncy and doesn't seem to go above 2500 when I know it really is...

I also got the brakes fully bled and went out and did some hot laps--well wholy CRAP---this thing stops like you wouldn't belive--I was fully impressed..

I also had to tweek the clutch pedal assy one more time. I ended up having to cut off the tab that the clutch rod hooks too--it was too short and when the clutch was fully compressed the rod was at a VERY bad angle..

I got the rear limiting strap made. Its just 1/4" cable (same thing thats been on my rig for over 3 years now)

jack437.jpg

I also got the tank vent done--its looped around so no fule will come out when the fuel slosh's around.

jack438.jpg

I had jack take the high lift and clean it up---he got all fancy and also got one of those cool handle holders..

jack439.jpg

And here ya go jack--made ya some big ol wing nuts..

jack440.jpg

saw this thing tonight, its looking awful close too being all good to go! cant wait to see some pictures of its maiden voyage!