• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Trailer Park (My Super Rebuild)

Todd1803

Somebody asked once for me to document my rebuild to a Stick clone, so here is how it started. No pics yet, but they will be coming later....

So I hate to admit to this, but I've decided that my 1/2 brain + Devlin's 1/2 brain might = completely retarded. Somehow we put our heads together and made a backbone that will give me a 19.5" wheelbase :mad: :wtf: :rolleyes:

Now I know our math at the time all made sense to both of us, but I went back and looked at it, and if the goal is a 17.5" wheelbase, and the mounting points are .75" beyond the axle centerlines, and you subtract .25" on each end for half the thickness of the ball end (ok, we added, and it didn't occur to us that we only needed to account for half the thickness of the ball), we should have cut the backbone to 18.5"! No idea on why we though 20.5 was right. :looser: :haha:

Good news is that the project is underway, and it's an easy fix. I've been shopping at Harbor Freight, so I've got my own tap and die set now, and I ordered the parts I need from McMaster. Shock mounts are now complete, and can start teardown on Friday. :D

Nice. What are you using for your chassis material? The 1/2" aluminum tube I used for mine from Home Depot is bent almost 1/2" at the first body post from rollovers, and I've only crawled with it like 5 times. Oh well, you get what you pay for I guess. Can't expect much from a 2 dollar chassis.:haha: I'm switching back to 4 link for now. Good luck with your build, sounds like you need it:kissmyass: :haha:
Nathan

OOOOOOOOOOHHH

you said 17.5"....................................... my bad:clappy:

now you know why I had so many pieces cut and laying on the bench:D

glad to hear the shock mounts are done,cause I would be happy to screw those up also.:rolleyes:

:oops:

The thing that still gets me is how it all seemed to be right at the time. It's a good thing I didn't pursue a career in engineering or architecture :redneck:

Todd1803 said:
:oops:

The thing that still gets me is how it all seemed to be right at the time. It's a good thing I didn't pursue a career in engineering or architecture :redneck:

As I thought about it last night it was such a bone head move,simple addition and subtraction:mad:

If you want to come down and sand those shock mounts let me know,I will be working on the CXT. I am useing the rockbull chassis and a 4 link set up. Already all mocked up,should be a quick build.

PS
can you hold the other end of the tape meusure for me so I get it right the secomd time:laugh:

That is some FUNNY shait right there!!!!

Devlin: OK Todd when I nod my head you hit it...

Todd: OH Damm you meant the part, my bad...

I B..:redneck:

I B RACIN said:
That is some FUNNY shait right there!!!!

Devlin: OK Todd when I nod my head you hit it...

Todd: OH Damm you meant the part, my bad...

I B..:redneck:

LMAO

:oops::wheelchair:

:pics:

I now you got your links today todd, wheres the pics

Ok, here are some pics....

The backbone - still full length (never mind the cluttered workbench)

dscf1183hs8.jpg

The shock mounts. Not bad for a die grinder and cut off wheel. No broken taps, but I did break two 1/16 drills, which I was lucky enough to extract.

dscf1186id6.jpg

Here is what I'm planning for the front shock. I think I found a purpose for the extra hole in the Aggressor BTA steering mount. Anybody who's done this before see any obvious problems? It looks like is should work, and this way I won't have to mount the rear shock around the servo, which is sitting on the stock axle brace.

dscf1190pb2.jpg

dscf1188hc7.jpg

Now I guess I need to get to work on those links, and a battery mount plan.

Mike or Torry - any chance one of you could measure your links? I seem to have a binding problem.

Last edited:
I was thinking that the hole in the aggressor would make a good mounting point, good job.:super:

looks like it will be ready for the comp

Latest posts