• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Quadratrac Transfer case Any way to convert to lock in style?

There used to be a couple of companies that made part time kits for the Quadratrac, not sure if they are still in production though.

Been looking at a 79 j 10 p/u but I want it as a semi dd, problem is the Quadratrac Transfer case is all time 4wd, what can I do?

Don't be an idjut. The J10 got maaaaybe 7 mpg. Even if you convert to true 2wd, it'd go up to 8 or 9. Why bother. Get a XJ Cherokee, and then you can get mid teens, maybe 20 freeway.

If that don't convince you, then PM Junkyard Jim. He's truly knowledgeable on full size Jeeps with conversions. He's not here that often, but he's around. You'll find him if you look.

Tony

Some of the older j-trucks have Dana 20s, behind my AMC TH400, there is a chevy NP205, it was a simple swap.

I got 10 MPG driving my J-20 froim kirkland to Elbe and back, and it's got an AMC 401. :awesomework:

Here bro, check these guys out www.bjsoffroad.com they will have everything you need to do the job and do it complete:awesomework:

If I recall they are actually located in WA so you can arrange for pickup or whatever you want! But either way these guys are the headquaters for fullsize jeeps:cool:

I got a 77chief it came with a quadratrac what a POS i have a 203/205 combo now:beer: