• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RE-ntal

Awlright clowns enuf bs'ing and back to the iregularly scheduled build because it's time for...

Suspension! :cheer: and by :cheer: I mean howly fawk what a lot of custom brackety work.
Did we even do anything on Friday Jason? or did we just drink beer? :beer:

So saturday I started out by buying myself a new toy because the thought of flame cutting all those pieces was way less than apealing so I hit up Central for..

A new plasma :D

100_0939.jpg

Then I went about centering up the rear axle (look ma' real jackstands!:haha: ) We are shooting for the same wheelbase as we had before wich was 107" and it looks like we'r gona pul it off.

Axle alignment with plumbobs
100_0938.jpg

And then skip forward a whole crapload of work because I didnt document it and here's the 90% finished product.

100_0943.jpg

The upper links are 31" long and made out of 1 1/2 .188 wall DOM The lowers are 37" long and made out of 1 5/8 .250 wall DOM The spread between the uppers and lowers at the axle is 7 1/2" and at the chasis the vertical spread is 3". The uppers sit at 1deg +- sloping rearwards. Initial articulation shows very little rear steer and no binding :awesomework:

Side profile

100_0941.jpg

Twisted untill the floor got in the way.

100_0940.jpg

Here's where the lowers conect to the subframe

100_0942.jpg

And the semi-completed towres for the uppers with some extra holes for ajustment if it dosnt work the way I hope.

100_0944.jpg

Thats all for now, next it's mounting the rear air shocks and then on to the front :cheer:

Did we even do anything on Friday Jason? or did we just drink beer?

we drank the beeeers!! went down to the pastime and you whoped that preppy bitches ass at pool. nice!!!!

:awesomework:

stairs are easy, we just don't get the jobs in our shop for some reason, not our fault. :;

How many spiral stairs have you did?? Conventional and Center less, done that for 7 years, how about you?? :corn:

This one was fun to do, that's a 1"x2" top bar with 1/2"x 1 1/2" horizontals, 1" square bar posts, and a 12" center column with pan treads, all done be me, including the treads. I also measure and detailed this project too. :;

sorry for the hijack Ethan, now were are the latest pics of that rig. :awesomework:

HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU HAVE TO MEASURE AND REDO:awesomework:

HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU HAVE TO MEASURE AND REDO:awesomework:

none, I never had a problem when I handled eveything myself, now I have to go by other people's mistakes, and fix them, sucks. :rolleyes:

anytime you want to play who's the best fabricator between you and I, just bring it. I don't think you can pack that big of game, I have seen your work :fawkdancesmiley::haha: :haha:

Last edited:
none, I never had a problem when I handled eveything myself, now I have to go by other people's mistakes, and fix them, sucks. :rolleyes:

anytime you want to play who's the best fabricator between you and I, just bring it. I don't think you can pack that big of game, I have seen your work :fawkdancesmiley::haha: :haha:

:corn: :stirpot:

Hey Ethan, are you going to have the shocks all mounted up and the front link work done this weekend?

I can't wait to see this thing done, it looks like it is going to work really good.:awesomework: