• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Recommend me some tars!

If they were not so expensive, I would hang a 43 sticky above the fireplace so I could admire it when I am not wheeling. Some would hang a painting, some a deer head, but for me it is a 43 sticky. ;D

TacomaJD said:
It's not a compensation game, it's a getting to the top or over something game.

It's like if you had an option of having a little **** or a big ****. No dirty whore wants to see you flip out a thumb-****. I am sold on Reds because I like my tires to match my ****. :flipoff1:
Soft? LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sawzall said:
If they were not so expensive, I would hang a 43 sticky above the fireplace so I could admire it when I am not wheeling. Some would hang a painting, some a deer head, but for me it is a 43 sticky. ;D

I am the same way. I've always loved tires. Through all my phases of atv's, dirt bikes, sport bikes, and offroad, I have a few tires from each of those hobbies that I could hang on the wall and lust over. 43 sticky and Krawlers are about the only ones in the offroad world.

mdo817 said:
Soft? LOL

Soft, works good in wet places, and will take a good beating. :popcorn:

All this weiner talk. Sticky red ****.....hmm! Honestly I dont wana pay that much for tires I guess is what it boils down to. Plus I just had a guy local txt me with (4) 42" TSLs that are like 70% tread and one that is NEW on wheels (granted there 5 lug) for $1000 bucks delivered to me shop. Granted the tires are 15" and wheels are 5 lug but I can sell em to a mud truck guy. Gona be hard to pass this up. I'll cut ona set of $1000 tires....LOL

Re: Re: Re: Recommend me some tars!

TacomaJD said:
Soft, works good in wet places, and will take a good beating. :popcorn:
True Dat

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Glen1978 said:
All this weiner talk. Sticky red ****.....hmm! Honestly I dont wana pay that much for tires I guess is what it boils down to. Plus I just had a guy local txt me with (4) 42" TSLs that are like 70% tread and one that is NEW on wheels (granted there 5 lug) for $1000 bucks delivered to me shop. Granted the tires are 15" and wheels are 5 lug but I can sell em to a mud truck guy. Gona be hard to pass this up. I'll cut ona set of $1000 tires....LOL

Sounded like you were considering spending that much money earlier in the thread...See below :flipoff1:

Don't blame you for doing the $1000 tire deal. I wouldn't buy a brand new set of TSL's anyways. They last forever, used sets are everywhere for half the price of new.

Glen1978 said:
Well here is the verdick folks.

$2133 to the door for 42" TSLs in 16.5 or 17. Or I can get a set of 43" non sticky SX tires with 5 trail rides (pretty brand new, no cuts, gouges, scrapes, etc) for $2000 shipped to the door.

I really like the SX's but dont wana battle with lost beads and looks like they kinda suck on the trail. Plain ole TSL's been around for years and years

Don't forget the tire plugs and small trail air compressor, oh and the most flammable patch glue you can buy. Borrow a lighter.......cuz you're gonna cut a sidewall ;D

TacomaJD said:
.......trying to mash yer motor up the side of Mount Everest, I say buy a used set of 39" L]

Ummmm, what's that supposed to mean sir?
It just happened that one time..... For about 20 mins, but it was just that one time ,,I,,

Rokcrler said:
Ummmm, what's that supposed to mean sir?
It just happened that one time..... For about 20 mins, but it was just that one time ,,I,,

Lmao I call that one just "Everest" ....I was referring to the actual mountain. Like a bounty hill lol.

Dillehay said:
Don't forget the tire plugs and small trail air compressor, oh and the most flammable patch glue you can buy. Borrow a lighter.......cuz you're gonna cut a sidewall ;D

What did we all do before stickies came out?? This is so common in this "sport" it seems. What used to be the bestest 10 yrs ago is junk now and you cant get it off the trailer with it.....I really set back and just laugh when I hear folks talk. Dana 60's is one of the most common it seems to me. Used to you wheeled em stock till the outers blew chunks then upgraded to 35 spline Spicers. NOBODY but rich folks on Pirate had Crane knuckles., :dunno: Now it will break if you dont have aftermarket knuckles and Jana 76 innerds or a 14 bolt front. **** all that ****. Im tryin to get on the trail and have fun the way it USED to be. But I will never go back to a SBC.....LS for life!

Glen1978 said:
What did we all do before stickies came out?? This is so common in this "sport" it seems. What used to be the bestest 10 yrs ago is junk now and you cant get it off the trailer with it.....I really set back and just laugh when I hear folks talk. Dana 60's is one of the most common it seems to me. Used to you wheeled em stock till the outers blew chunks then upgraded to 35 spline Spicers. NOBODY but rich folks on Pirate had Crane knuckles., :dunno: Now it will break if you dont have aftermarket knuckles and Jana 76 innerds or a 14 bolt front. **** all that ****. Im tryin to get on the trail and have fun the way it USED to be. But I will never go back to a SBC.....LS for life!

You don't have to climb aboard the "sticky tire bandwagon." I personally could give a **** less if you buy a set of grooved up Groundhawgs, peeled out, and made noise in a mudhole, drowned it out, then jumped on the hood and jerked off on it. You initiated a tire thread, which technically is you asking for advice/opinions on tires....of which you have received from many others here, based on both first hand and second hand experience with basically every style badass offroad tire on the market....then you set back and laugh at us when we talk?

I set back and laugh at people who start a thread just to talk about **** they are about to buy just because they are giddy like a schoolgirl to make a big purchase. Then after a few pages of discussion on the topic, it appears that there wasn't much of a debate on what you were gonna end up buying to start with.

Now buy some used TSL's, peel out, make noises and stuff, and post videos of you doin' it like it used to be so we know how you roll. :flipoff1:

:woot: Thanks! Naw really man I do appreciate all you guys input. Forealdoe. One thing that I can honestly say is that I was shocked as HELL to hear BFG Crawlers from this forum! I had my heart sat on 42" SX's to begin with but that got shot out of the water cause they are unicorns. Talked to Goforth and he had a set of used 43" SX's he was trying to sell me. In all honestly I wont the best bang for the buck and I guess that is everything in life for me. Im trying to put something together so me and my family can get on the trail and have a good time to the best of our ability monetarily speaking. I got off on a tangent in the last reply, my bad, wasnt directed at anyone just rambling. :****:

I am a little late to this, but I have a had damn good luck with my Pitbull Rockers....of course I came from an IROK, so its not much of a comparrison. I have ran the tires down to 2-3lbs and never popped a bead on my 17x10 Trail Ready locks. IMO, they work better than the TSLs that the other guys in our group run......maybe I am just a better driver? :****:

Brian

I've never ran either so I don't have much opinion in the matter but, why doesn't anybody run the BFG KRT? Adam Carter is the only one that I know of that runs them in the south east. Seems to me that they work just as well as the Krawlers but the side walls hold up better.

Stickies are cool and all but making an obstacle with reds takes some of the fun out of it for me. I like picking a line and making my rig do the work unlike some others I knowmo and josh I just wish tsl's were closer to the size of what the sidewall says.

Let me stir this **** up with a great big ole paddle

Guess who is about to run stickys??????????????????????????????????

Timmie "****ing badass" Cameron (Cole told him that if didn't , he would not post any more of his videos :eek:)

AW LAWD what's this world about to come to? We are all going to hell in a hand basket.

Ok I lied about the Cole statement, please forgive me I'm a pure bastard today :****:

85toyo said:
I've never ran either so I don't have much opinion in the matter but, why doesn't anybody run the BFG KRT? Adam Carter is the only one that I know of that runs them in the south east. Seems to me that they work just as well as the Krawlers but the side walls hold up better.

Hey you got a build thread on that rig in your profile?

Lookin like Im gona pick up those used 42's. Its been awhile but aint there something weird on 15" wheels and backspacing? I know you gotta grind the calipers but if I remember if you get like a 2.5" BS you cant beadlock em or something cause there reversed shells? Or did I dream that? I want like 3 or 3.5" max so it might not apply to me.

you're right about the reverse center wheels(dont get them) I used to run 3.5 BS and had to grind the calipers down. Its not that bad once you do the first one to find out how much meat to cut out.

85toyo said:
why doesn't anybody run the BFG KRT? Adam Carter is the only one that I know of that runs them in the south east. Seems to me that they work just as well as the Krawlers but the side walls hold up better.

They tend to bring the suck in muddy situations unless there is a lot of rock like Cable Hill.

drkelly said:
Seen way more Reds with blown sidewalls than TSLs.

Very true and most of the time it's because people run such low air pressure with them. They were never designed to be a race tire or a bouncer tire. Reds were designed for We-rock and crawling. I learned that if you ran 12lbs or more air it pretty much eliminated cutting the sidewalls.

We built some tires for KOH last year that had Krawler tread with KRT sidewalls, that the ultimate tire in my opinion but we only built a select few.