• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter Stories

wait...you guys gut your interior to clean it? i just grabbed the pressure washer and hoped for the best. :redneck:

So the last time i took my exo'd 82 yota up there we went for the weekend, both my friends were breakin parts and i bragged about how i was doing everything they did and much harder and i used less gas and hadn't broke anything... i should have stuck my foot in my mouth ...

coming back up from the izzy trail i ripped the bed off my truck(only front half was exo'd) and then i figured no biggie i have ratchet straps..took 7 of them to hold the bed and all the garbage i picked up along the way down. I make it all of about another 100' and hit a little off-camber spot(didnt have power steering and my grant wheel was stripped so it had a LOT of play) and it sent me up a little nole, i figured no biggie ill drive off, just then i hit a stupid stump about 5" tall and it set me on my passenger side. i get out...collect myself... and realize when my bed was ripped off...my fuel filler was too, now its dumping ALL my gas out.... next thing you know a bunch of guys pile out of a cherokee and help push it on its wheels... i felt so lame for getting jeep guys to help me, that i had to recover 2 jeeps before i went home. then i got home and cut the truck up and built the one i have today lol.:haha:

Here is an odd one. We were at the index look out like 7 years ago. And this guy in a white jeep comes up to me and says"I should put a cap in you" and then walks off. It seems he was the guy who took down a couple trees on UTA and was called out on it on the snort forum. Well since I was wearing a snort coat/in the club at the time he made the assumption it was me. Some people :rolleyes:

Well, if we want stories like that.

I have the one of a dirt biker LOCKING us behind the gate leading up to index wall. We got lucky and someone in our group had a billion masterlock keys, otherwise I was eyeballing the rocks on the high side of the gate and thinking about the torch in Crash's garage. LOL

Well, if we want stories like that.

I have the one of a dirt biker LOCKING us behind the gate leading up to index wall. We got lucky and someone in our group had a billion masterlock keys, otherwise I was eyeballing the rocks on the high side of the gate and thinking about the torch in Crash's garage. LOL

That be steve davies that did that..... that was followed by a fish/wildlife LEO heading up to TA and writing a bunch of tickets.

That be steve davies that did that..... that was followed by a fish/wildlife LEO heading up to TA and writing a bunch of tickets.

I know exactly who did that and what went down, including the false representation that was occurring. But, I wasn't going to be naming names. :haha:

EDIT: Of course, years later it occurs to me I might have been able to get him arrested for false imprisonment. :haha:

Last edited:
so sad..

First time up to reiter was in the early 90's had alot of good time at that place, one of those day at Reiter was the summer of 1999 and driving up the rock face under the power lines four or five times in one afternoon in just a Jeep. It was a good day with good friends, since that time we have lost some of those friends, other have moved on to other sports. Yet you always remember the good time have fun wheeling with good people.

:redneck:I have lots of stories that have occured at reiter, however one new years day comes to mind...those who were there remember. Good times!

First time up to reiter was in the early 90's had alot of good time at that place, one of those day at Reiter was the summer of 1999 and driving up the rock face under the power lines four or five times in one afternoon in just a Jeep. It was a good day with good friends, since that time we have lost some of those friends, other have moved on to other sports. Yet you always remember the good time have fun wheeling with good people.

I dug out a picture of that day mark of you on the rock face(first person to drive up it)and if I can get my scanner to work :mad: I had planned on sending you a copy. Yes some good memories with you and that group.

I dug out a picture of that day mark of you on the rock face(first person to drive up it)and if I can get my scanner to work :mad: I had planned on sending you a copy. Yes some good memories with you and that group.

I have copies on my computer.. they are the same ones on your old home page right??

PS..I had heard rumors that "Big AL" was going to make a reunion tour some time this year too..

Last edited:
For some reason the nnr when boxboy flopped on the rockface comes up first. I have a few memories. First time i was ever there was 95, We(2 stockish toyotas) showed up at 8pm and drove the powerline trail to the sand hill look out. It was hardcore.

I have copies on my computer.. they are the same ones on your old home page right??

PS..I had heard rumors that "Big AL" was going to make a reunion tour some time this year too..

I think so...

I heard big al moved to bolivia and married a 12 yera old boy :redneck:

Wow there are some great stories!!! I can't compare to them but just last weekend I broke a birf on rhinoland about half way in and couldn't turn to the left at all. i had to pull up to left hand turns crank the wheel to the right and back up in 2wd trying to get around alot of tree's. Horus had my back and pulled my winch a few times so i could get around some srocks and tree;s but all in all got it back to camp went to my buddy's house in sultan picked up a couple stock birf's and put her back to gether and wheeled some more!

Man I love Reiter and it's sad that we only have 2 more weekends left :(

I have a great story to tell but it would make someone upset to tell it because of the crazyness factor so I will bring it to my grave with me.....sorry guys.:haha:

WOW Crash thats you....get outa here.... :) clean cut and everything! :awesomework:

That was a LONG time ago. Mark do you have date on that picture?

My first time up the rock face was with a weber carb toy motor, 35" boggers and a flatbed :redneck:

That was a LONG time ago. Mark do you have date on that picture?

My first time up the rock face was with a weber carb toy motor, 35" boggers and a flatbed :redneck:

It wasn't THAT long ago though... 7-8 years?

For some reason the nnr when boxboy flopped on the rockface comes up first. I have a few memories. First time i was ever there was 95, We(2 stockish toyotas) showed up at 8pm and drove the powerline trail to the sand hill look out. It was hardcore.

Hey I wheeled the rest of the day but I thought I was going to die:; I still have the high lift that saved my life:awesomework:

Latest posts