• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reman injectors

Injectors

Spend the 80 bucks and put the new updated o-rings on your injectors before you reinstall them. Once you get it running, run it with the valve covers off and make sure there is oil "pulsing" out of the oil return spouts. Oil flow isn't a guarantee, but it generally shows the injectors are working properly on the bottom end.

If you have access to a scanner, have the injectors buzz tested to confirm the solenoids on top all sound good. If oil flows and the buzz sounds good, run a cylinder contribution test. If all is good, don't mess with them. Run them till they die, it may be longer than you think!

You said the heads were rebuilt, but did the injector cups get replaced? If not, take the time to do them while they are out of the truck. It's a lot easier to do on the bench than it is in the truck. Just prevents headaches down the road.

No matter which direction you go with injectors, make sure you use fuel additive. This new low sulfer diesel is "CRAP". It eats plungers and barrels because of the lack of lubricity in the fuel.

I also agree with everyone saying to run from Pensacola Diesel, I got 4 bad remans from them before I just spent the money on new Alliants.

OK, i've rambled enough... Good Luck!:awesomework:

The heads were done by Dynomite up north about a year or so ago. I have to get rocker bolts and intake bolts to finish the build but should be up and running this weekend. Then all I will have to do is find a hood no matter the color and it will be on the road.:awesomework:

FWIW- the earlier injectors (AA's mostly) seem to last longer than later Super Duty (AD) injectors. More than one person has commented the same... Like they made a switch in material used for the bodies at some point and the bodies get worn faster to the point where they are not rebuildable. Another reason to go with a reman that uses YOUR cores....

as many aa's and ad's as ive rebuilt, id be more inclined to venture the slightly more accelerated werar on ad's is due to higher injection presures..

as many aa's and ad's as ive rebuilt, id be more inclined to venture the slightly more accelerated werar on ad's is due to higher injection presures..

I suppose that could be too, but there are plenty of 15* pumps out there putting out just as much psi as 17* pumps. What's the stock ICP for both SD and OBS? Obviously a tuned truck throws all that out the window but stock for stock anyone know the difference?

Well it toke some time but I got it on the road Saturday and my god did the damn thing smoke like hell!! I drove it into Bonney Lake and a buddy saw it and called ME to tell ME about some moron in a red ford who was smoking out 410:redneck: Then on Sunday morning at the top of my parents drive way the valve on the outlet of the turbo shut and would not open and killed the damn thing. With the really really bad fuel mileage with blue smoke I got the wife to open the savings account to have the injectors done and rebuild the turbo for good measure. Glad to be able to drive it but will be even more so when it runs right.:D