• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Removing CTM c-clips?

japerry

Anyone here running with CTMs? I'm having a hell of a time getting the c-clips out. I found instructions on putting them in, but nothing about removing them.

Any advice? Tools?

MavClipPlier.jpg

+

big-truck-balls1.jpg

=

file_37_18.jpg

:fawkdancesmiley:

They make CTM's for nissan pathfinders? :scratchhead::wtf:

yes they do, and so does bobby, and yukon... just have to have a solid axle in it.

here is a trick, hit the caps IN. as if you were assembleing it. sometimes after working, the snap ring comes tight against the yoke, and binds.

by pusing them in.. (even a C*(T hair) will loosed them up enough.:beer:

full snap rings are a cheap good up grade...I put them on my 60 axle joints

walker020.jpg

it doesn't look like failure was because lack of grease....
was from snow wheeling with 35 boggers and a 351w

full snap rings are a cheap good up grade...I put them on my 60 axle joints

To put full circle snap rings onto stock 60 shafts you have to have the shafts machined. Most of the aftermarket shafts come ready for full circle snap rings.

To put full circle snap rings onto stock 60 shafts you have to have the shafts machined. Most of the aftermarket shafts come ready for full circle snap rings.

My 35 spline stubs are spicer
I do it with a 4 1/2 angle grinder with a cut off blade

walker023.jpg

The one on the left needs "machining"
The one on the right is bling ready to go

walker021.jpg

Yah I think I got em, its just really awkward with the unit bearing, full axle, and no vise, so I'm working on the ground. Will get pics posted later tonight. Along with my chipped teeth :redneck:

beat on it with a hammer a bit, maybe some wd if they are being dificult...I use a 90 degree snap ring pliars...the straight ones can be a pain

Latest posts