• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rockcrawling courses

Trailtoy1993

Anybody have a hook up on spraying gunite? You all know about the foam rock crawl courses that w.e. rock and others use for urban and manmade courses? from my understanding those are made with structural foam and sprayed with gunite like a swimming pool. Well my company has the foam system and if I can get a deal on the gunite, I want to build a course in my pasture...... the goats can play on it and so can I!

Trailtoy1993 said:
Anybody have a hook up on spraying gunite? You all know about the foam rock crawl courses that w.e. rock and others use for urban and manmade courses? from my understanding those are made with structural foam and sprayed with gunite like a swimming pool. Well my company has the foam system and if I can get a deal on the gunite, I want to build a course in my pasture...... the goats can play on it and so can I!

You crazy fawker.... Lemme make some phone calls tomorrow when i'm at work and gettin paid for it... we have a few connections.

snwbrdpunk16 said:
You crazy fawker.... Lemme make some phone calls tomorrow when i'm at work and gettin paid for it... we have a few connections.

Thanks Cody. Let me know, I am debating this or just bringing in a few trucks of 3man rocks and the track hoe then I coud rearrange easily to make different courses.

Trailtoy1993 said:
Thanks Cody. Let me know, I am debating this or just bringing in a few trucks of 3man rocks and the track hoe then I coud rearrange easily to make different courses.

I dont have any experience on a man made course so maybe my opinion doesn't count. But, this sounds like a much better option than spraying out a somewhat permanent course. Most of those nice courses you see on TV or in the mags are for one event only, right? I think you would get bored of that after you ran it a few times. For something thats going in your backyard your going to want to move rocks around weekly, monthly, to make different lines... Justa thought...

zig80toy said:
I dont have any experience on a man made course so maybe my opinion doesn't count. But, this sounds like a much better option than spraying out a somewhat permanent course. Most of those nice courses you see on TV or in the mags are for one event only, right? I think you would get bored of that after you ran it a few times. For something thats going in your backyard your going to want to move rocks around weekly, monthly, to make different lines... Justa thought...

Thats what I was thinking, I was mainly cost shopping since I have access to the foam for next to nothing. Just wanted to check it out vs. dumptrucks full of rocks.

You still thinking of selling that place? A mountain of rock is a heck of a lot more appealing to a buyer than a copy of the Matterhorn, and alot easier to disperse and make disappear.

skrause said:
You still thinking of selling that place? A mountain of rock is a heck of a lot more appealing to a buyer than a copy of the Matterhorn, and alot easier to disperse and make disappear.

Yep thought of that too. I can build some nice rockeries when I'm done crawling over the stuff!

toyota4x4matt said:
i could make a few phone calls.

So far the best numbers I've gotten are $18/ton for placement rock and $27/ton for wall rock I would prefer wall rock as I can build some nice rockeries later. I can have a dump truck pick the stuff up just gotta call in a favor and pay for fuel.

Thats a good price. Id get the biggest rocks you can though, Build it way too huge so you can grow into it.

EDIT: I would invest in it if it would be open once a month or so.

Bunk said:
Build it way too huge so you can grow into it.

EDIT: I would invest in it if it would be open once a month or so.

Well at $400 per truckload I am thinking I could get a couple trucks and then a couple more and a couple more later. I already have about 60 yards of gravel in between two of the jumps in the triple in the MX track where I am thinking about building this, I could stack up the gravel and use the triples to help create elevation change in the course to make it interesting. And of course I could bring the trackhoe home from work every couple of months to rearrange the course. Not sure on the time of doing this, gotta see about the money to do it, but soon, probably need a dry spell so dumptruck doesn't get stuck in wet pasture.

Since I already have friends that hang out in the shop like every night (to my wifes dismay!) I don't see why once a week a couple rigs couldn't come to play. Just have to schedule in advance, as I don't have room to park more than a couple truck/trailers at a time.