• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rockcrawling course

pokey

just me
Who would be interrested in haveing a professional rockcrawling course built in western wa. with several comps a year. I am talking about a manmade type course similar to what urock is doing at a place with camping already there. This course would be designed and managed by a well known pro rockcrawler and by the PNW4WDA and you would have to join to be able to compete

pokey said:
Who would be interrested in haveing a professional rockcrawling course built in western wa. with several comps a year. I am talking about a manmade type course similar to what urock is doing at a place with camping already there. This course would be designed and managed by a well known pro rockcrawler and by the PNW4WDA and you would have to join to be able to compete

Yeah it would be pretty cool. Who is this well known pro your talking about?

I will let him chime in when he decides to. right now were just gauging interest to see if this will fly.

open sessions?

I can't afford to build a buggy, will there be open sessions where a guy could just take his time and see how his/her rig performs on these man made courses? sounds really great any idea where it will be placed?

I think there would be a great deal of interest Jim, and I would assume most of the revenue would be generated from comps. to keep the place maintained and not be a money loser?

to add to my previous post..
In gauging interest about this with people coming into the shop, there are a lot of people wanting to be able to run their vehicles with other vehicles of the same caliber, not necessarily against seasoned comp rigs. A more grass roots type deal would be good to have, something where joe bloe can enter for xx amount and compete with his/her friends and have a chance w/o worrying about going against "purpose built class specific" rigs.

At an event in Globe I spoke with someone that expressed interest in competing with his moderatley built Jeep, but after seeing the "Stock Modifed" vehicles felt he wouldn't be competitive against them.

there would definatly be a stock type class for rigs with say a max of 33-35" tires as well as classes for buggies and built rigs.

Last edited:
WOW!! you guys have stepped it up, good job. :cool:

Might have to enter one with the future Rover and quite a few down. :D

ive always wanted to be able to compare my rig to similar rigs but also agree no way to compare to the comp buggies. id go play.

I think if someone could run it right and keep it affordable and competative for the average joe that it would do well just keep the idiots out and the price down other wise going to reiter is easier and cheaper

How big would something like this be? 5 acres, 20 acres, etc... I guess i see the problem of people getting bored after a while. It will be a big hit when it first opens but then after someone has done the corse 5 times, why go back to the corse when reiter is free??

I would be interested as long as they keep the cost in line with what PNW4WD charges for other events and not WEROCK type pricing. I can go play for several weekend from Rieter to Bend for what WEROCK charges to enter one event:mad: . I would not be into it for the money just to have fun and compete with ur buddies and challange urself and ur rig.

Last edited:
:clappy: :clappy: :clappy: :clappy: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :corn: :corn: That would be a really cool place to have around i'd be into paying a nominal fee to wheel there:corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: