5 TBD 18-Jul

RROCK
Location Date
1 Hannibal, MO 4-Apr
2 Hannibal, MO 13-Jun
3 Hannibal, MO 14-Jun
4 Hannibal, MO 15-Aug
SheRock Hannibal, MO 16-Aug

My last day at Airbus is Jan23 and I'm moving to Troy, MO and will be at hopefully a much more enjoyable job. Plus we'll be 5 miles from the in-laws and 10miles from my parents. It will be nice to be closer to family and let our daughter Ella spend more time with them.

What's that mean for my offroading? Well I'm 60miles from Hannibal MO where RROCK is so that is a huge plus and we'll still do that. Further from Clayton and Disney so I'm glad I got a trip to Clayton before I move. Also this means I'm losing my mechanic and spotter. We did good as a team and i'm greatful for all the help that Erin brought to the team!!

So we planned to chill out and just do RROCK and get everything settled and the rigs where we wanted them to be. Well **** I can't do that, especially looking at the XRRA and MOROCK schedules and how the move has put me in closer proximity. Plus the buggy seems to be coming together and holding it's own. It's no KOH rig or the top contender in XRRA but **** will be fun.

The toyota is fully trashed but I think I can make it live thru one more season of RROCK - we'll see

We're currently takin apps for spotter/driver/pitcrew/beer drinkin buddies cause I haven't talked Sara into drivin yet

:afro: Thanks for the update, buggy is looking sharp too ( re: your big meat post on PBB )

Hollar if you make the Grayrock XRRA trek, I got your back bubba ! thumb.gif

Good luck with the move Trav. Hope the new job doesn't have you wanting to go postal like the Airbus job did!! :drinkers:

New job is Forensic Engineering -- sounds and appears to be kickass work

For the XRRA events I don't have a spotter and will possibly be running solo to/from the events so any help would be greatly appreciated. I know the XRRA family is great for that kind of stuff just like the RROCK crew so I'm not worried about it.

We also plan to continue our involvement in the area schools and technical students. Last year we had tech students from 3 local schools join us a pit crew for the All Stock Nationals and it was a big hit and a great help to our team. We have a few ideas on how to contine to get kids involved that we're working on for 09. More to come on that as it all unfolds.

yup, was gonna get with you once we got moved and settled in MO, lots on my plate right now and that's not on the priority list

Top of the list is to get the rigs ready for 09 and big meats run. buggy is gonna go up to branik to get a new rear axle - 14 bolt offset with an ARB!

Well I'm back in MO!!! :woot:

New house is great and family is good. I even found a guy with a nice shop that my buggy is stored in and I'm working out of to prep for this year.

Took the buggy up to Branik last Thur/Friday and partied with them Friday night before trekin home. They built and installed an offset 14bolt that I'll get some pics of up here soon. The old nine inch was trashed: short shaft slightly twisted, long side spindle bent, 3rd pinion bearing pocket broke out and ring gear busted.

My new job is awesome too. I worked a 19hr day on my second day. I do accident reconstruction and get paid to drive to these places at a real good rate. It was cold and long but way better than sitting in front of a desk. On downtime I'm reading thru old cases and learning. When I look at my watch it'll be past lunch time more almost time to go. My last job I'd look at my watch to see how close it was to lunch time it was and it would only be 8am!!!

Get to posting pics already. I know you can't be working that hard.

Good luck this year, we'll miss traveling with the team and proving that a Toyota can be somewhat competitive. We'll be there for SheRock though so we can have the whole Rockwild stable in one place again.

actually hardly on a computer anymore, didn't even cruise this site since my previous post. Started getting all my favorites lined up again and catching up only to realize that I don't even care to read half the crap that I did at the last job where I wore out the internet.

working hard to get the buggy working good and some seat time so I can give the Wall of Death a good try.

InnerAirlock is running an ad using our rollover pic from the last RROCK - I need to get them a good hi-res version of it. Sara is looking now but can you check and email it to him or me.