• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rubicon/Little Sluice

kiyul4130

I know most of this doesnt apply to anyone here but being from northern california (live in nashville now) and only living 3.5 hours from the con, its a huge blow that little sluice was filled in. I was just out there 3 weeks ago and wheeled the trail. I cant believe in just a week or so after I was there, they started destroying the best part of the trail and one of the most famous spots around the country.

well, I guess what im trying to get at is.....

I think we need some of you southern wheelers to head out there? Im pretty sure you guys could dig that bastard right back out and deeper than it ever was in 15 minutes than the 50 years it took to get that way. what do you say?!

RIP. little sluice. :(

Kiyul where are you from? Most of my family is from Grass Valley. I Haven't lived there since I was young, but do go back every other year. Before I moved to Nashville I was looking to buy in Auburn. Sux that they filled it in as I wanted to run that trail someday. I didn't have time when I was out there for TTC I had to get back for work. Guess I can take my avalanche out there now when we go back in spring.

That really sucks . well I guess blm and El Dorado County finally done it . been talking about it for 10 years blowing up the big rocks in the Little sluice

I Lived in South Lake Tahoe for 12 year. Every year I try to make a trip to rubithon or Marlin round up . The coming years will suck but oh well as long as they don't shut down the trail

KILLERB468 said:
Kiyul where are you from? Most of my family is from Grass Valley. I Haven't lived there since I was young, but do go back every other year. Before I moved to Nashville I was looking to buy in Auburn. Sux that they filled it in as I wanted to run that trail someday. I didn't have time when I was out there for TTC I had to get back for work. Guess I can take my avalanche out there now when we go back in spring.

Im from Chico. A lot of the spots there is a ton of drama over, actually havent really changed much from what I can tell 3 weeks ago. They filled stuff in for erosion purposes but the challenging spots are still there. Big Sluice an Old Sluice are cool and un touched. As for the box, i dont think it will be blown up, it looks just completely filled in with smaller boulders and rock from the pictures online. Ill still wheel it and for anyone to ever be out there with a rig should too if they got the chance. The scenic part about the rubicon is whats so great too.