• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ruger 10/22

all this talk of 10/22's made me go out and find one today. Looked on gunbroker and they were in the mid 200's and up (plus transfer fees), so when I found one at a local pawnshop in good shape with a 25rnd mag for 199, I snagged it. They had another one there for the same price with a 30rnd mag that I might go back for tomorrow.

I have 5 of them (10/22's). One was my first rifle. Got it almost 17 years ago. By far my favorite gun to shoot. I have Marlin, Remington, and Winchester semi autos. The Rugers are by far my favorite.

The one I picked up the other day for 200 was a "carbine" model, which I understand the only difference is, its a couple inches shorter in the barrel. The more I look around, the more I think I should go back and get that other one that was for sale for 200.

Saw one at Lynnwood Guns for less than that!!!...:awesomework:

Hey Mike the 10/22 is a killer Gun..Good to teach your young'ins with..and you guys will have fun shooting it!!!!..Buy some Tannerite for your targets!!!:D:beer: Just make sure you have some HOT rounds!!!!:awesomework:

Last edited:
I bought mine during the last "Brady Bill" ban period.

I bought it used from Federal way gun/pawn. The SS were over 200 new back then and the blued ones were like 189?

Anyways mine came with a quick release magazine latch, black folding stock, stainless steel construction, and 2 ten round, and 2 25 rnd mags and a 9X scope. Paid 225 for it 15 years ago.

I can make the barb wire across the field dance with it.

I picked this one up locally for 200 so deals are out there to be had. Swift scope, bi-pod, bull barrel, and extended stock. Daughter wanted a 22 so i started looking and lucked across it. She wasn't happy with the ear-plugs but thought the eye-pro was cool.

Last edited:
Built this over 10 years ago.
Volquartsen Carbon Fiber Tensioned Barrel, Barrel mt Scope, trigger & hammer, extractor, Leupold VX-2, Modded the bolt lock to auto release, polished all trigger component. My receiver was originally painted black took aircraft stripper to remove all the paint, to match stainless parts. Finished the Midway stock myself, Theres around 7 coats of tung oil, and 20 some of polyurethane. I would put a coat on every day after work, for about a month. The grip plate is a piece off a old jeep motor, Oil pump cover, I reshaped and polished.
DSC00485.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

So I am ready to buy one and just not sure what model to start with. I do not want a used gun and have no problem starting with a good base model.

Seemed to me there was something in the mailed Cabela's flyer about these being a door buster this weekend, but I pitched the add and can't find the flyer online.
Might be worth a call

Seemed to me there was something in the mailed Cabela's flyer about these being a door buster this weekend, but I pitched the add and can't find the flyer online.
Might be worth a call

the lasermax model on sale for $329.99 was $349.99 22lr blued barrel black synthetic stock lasermax laserstock.

I just picked up one of the cheap Mossberg .22 looks like an ar-15 style gun but it is just a shell. fun lil gun..i am becoming a gun whore also.. guys at the local shop know me when I walk in :rolleyes:

ive been thinking about getting my oldest boy a 22 for his upcoming 10th b-day, but with the scarcity of amo,im leaning now to 17hmr instead

My dad sold me his 1973 10/22, he bought it new and now its mine. Fun to shoot but don't have a lot of chances to go out much so it does more sitting than anything.

ive been thinking about getting my oldest boy a 22 for his upcoming 10th b-day, but with the scarcity of amo,im leaning now to 17hmr instead

Ammo and guns are starting to become more available
.22 is just so common everyone wants it..I'm sitting on close to 400 rounds of .22 might go out shooting today :D..I also have about equal amount of ammo for all my guns dam I need a bigger safe...

Well I stopped at Cabella's today with full intention of walking out with a new 10/22--they didn't have the model I wanted :mad: