• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

seat belt harnesses

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
I'm trying to decide if I should go with a 2" or 3" belt with cam locks or hook style. Looking for some input.

Hook style.

Go crow. Stay away from RCI. I have their hook style and they are a PITA to adjust and work with.

The cam style will fill with **** and ruin your day.

I don't run the shoulder straps anymore. I will put them on when I am going out to compete or do stupid stuff but aside from that, I just run the lap belts.

Hook style.

Go crow. Stay away from RCI. I have their hook style and they are a PITA to adjust and work with.

The cam style will fill with **** and ruin your day.

I don't run the shoulder straps anymore. I will put them on when I am going out to compete or do stupid stuff but aside from that, I just run the lap belts.

i disagree about the cam style, only way to go in my book had em fer over ten years never had an issue. when you decide you are sketchy enough to add the3 shoulder straps you have to UNDO the latch style to add the shoulder straps. had both i prefere the cam lock style.:fawkdancesmiley::stirpot:

I have run the cam style for years in my race rig and have been real happy with them, they get dirty once in a while, but they see far more mud then the average wheeler does. When they get dirty, just clean them out with water and they are good to go.
That being said, I am now replacing one of my belts, I just bought a Crow 3 inch belt with the built in pads for us old folks.... I got the latch style because I am not as rich as I once must have been!:redneck:
I used to run the two inch straps years ago, but our stuff beats you so bad I get less bruises with the 3 inch belts.
I replace my harnesses about every 5 years, less if I see any frays or have a big impact with them, dang trees sometimes just dont move....:rolleyes:

3" hook style. Seen a guy almost burn to death in a sprint car that crashed and caught on fire and he couldn't get his cam lock belts to release. Safety crew guy risked his life and ended up with 3rd degree burns to reach in and cut the guys belts.

I have run both styles of belts, the cam locks are nice to use when just running around and using the lap belts only because they just lock into place, but it is nice with the lever style to be able to just grab the handle and pull, especially in a roll over situation. I have always used Simpson, RCI, and G Force and have had good luck with all of them. I used to drag race and had to replace belt quite a bit so I have use several different styles and brands.

I've got RCI 3" belts, latch style. Never had a problem, and love the secure feeling of being strapped in tight with the lap and shoulder belts.

Hook/latch style. I dont like cam lock ones. Junk inside them and not being able to see the working bother me.

I can beat the muck off of my hook style and inspect them EVERY time I hook them.

Didnt the burning KOH car that Bunk pulled that guy out of have camlocks? Werent they stuck in the lock position in a life threatening situation? Thats enough for me right there.

Hook/latch style. I dont like cam lock ones. Junk inside them and not being able to see the working bother me.

I can beat the muck off of my hook style and inspect them EVERY time I hook them.

Didnt the burning KOH car that Bunk pulled that guy out of have camlocks? Werent they stuck in the lock position in a life threatening situation? Thats enough for me right there.

i believe that KOH rules require hook and latch style and the brand im not sure but they would "not" release.

from my perception the difference between good and less one are the little details in the actual metal that make up the hook and latch. round hooks verses squared off. the squared ones get stuck due to the rough edges left in the mechanism.

the difference between the G forces i bought:booo: and the RCI :cheer:were night and day. i sold the G forces......:haha: these were latch and hook style i was comparing.

i believe that KOH rules require hook and latch style and the brand im not sure but they would "not" release.

Cam lock style belts are not allowed through my tech line at U4 races. ;)

and I'm pushing to not allow cam lock/seatbelt style window nets either. there have been a couple rolls in the last season leading to stuck window nets which could have been life threatening had there been a fire or some other need to exit the vehicle quickly.

just bought RCI 5point 3" lap and sholder belts/2" crotch belt and wear all of it 99% of the time...don't ask me why or i might tell ya...i also run a very nice skateboard helmet also...tube to the head hurts!!! Oh ya latch style!!!:awesomework: