• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SETTC!!!!!!!

Congrats, John! It's good to see someone that's usually helping work the competitions to be able to hop in the driver seat and do some wheeling. Awesome pics!

This event was incredible. I'll get a list of all placings up tomorrow evening unless someone beats me to it.
John G is truly an expert driver, always kept his cool, drive like a pro and had the radio on the whole time.

Everyone who was in this comp stepped up and helped everyone get through it. To have all 12 teams start
every course, with the amount of broken axles, hubs, cut tires, flat tires, suspensions, winches, several
flops, one on his lid, and one on fire is truly amazing.

I can't wait to see the DVD the Busted Knuckle guys produce off of this.

Congratulations to everyone involved.

Thank you

John made Gary his bitch on Los primos. Told him get your ass back in and drive your jeep up this damn hill.
Randall also made one of the cleanest runs I've seen on Primos. Good times Good times. The boys put the beat down on their rigs. Too bad their wasn't any DIRT HOOK on some of the climbs.

Great Event!
Congrats John G!..... to think you almost called it quits after your gauntlet carnage... :dblthumb:

I cant thank Phillipe, Byron, & Eric enough for helping out with the filming.

Big Thanks to the SETTC staff & drivers for all the help and being patient while I set up the onboard cameras. They layed out some great courses and were very well organized. This DVD will not disappoint with all of the rollover, wheelstanding, full throttle chaos. It will be EPIC. Oh & Thanks to Jimmy for being that guy HAHA. molaugh :popcorn:

One of the best parts of the weekend was at Copperhead. I told Mayhan I was putting an onboard camera on the front of his buggy and he said "It probably wont be very good because I will have to winch alot" I told him that I thought he had it as I mounted it to the stinger. He then proceeds to make the fastest run of the day up Copperhead with no assistance. :woot:

We have a front stinger cam of the xtensive autoworks YJ rolling on its lid on Punisher as well as a ton more onboard footage.

It was great meeting some new folks and seeing a lot of you guys again. Cant wait for the next one. :driving:
Matt

well for the most part i had a blast... the sportsmanship was phenomenal, the camaraderie was even better, it was a weekend of friendly **** talking, and motivation... the judges tried to bitch out on running copperhead because of the rain and the drivers stepped up on friday and said no way... then on sunday the judges tried to call primos cause they had to much alabama mud in their vaginas from copperhead, but again a unanimous vote to run it regardless of the weather was cast by the drivers... every team busted there asses to finish and i think that they deserved to run the courses as planned... i truly enjoyed myself and hope that those who came to watch had as much fun as we did...

with that said, my feelings are much different about how the event was ran... there was no decision maker, judges were giving conflicting information about these make believe concepts that tried to call rules and all in all i think was a very disorganized ride... we showed up on friday to run one event that took an hour, they never did a tech inspection, there were bullshit calls all weekend that were overturned and then the following day a new "rule" was that we couldn't do an instant replay for there bullshit calls... so we just had to take there word for it even though they were calling **** where they didnt even have judges... there was only one person taking score and he was an incompetent ****, not wanting to tell times and keeping **** all secretive, i mean why the **** wouldnt you want to let people know where they stand so they know how much they need to turn up there game... it was a total cluster **** and i was truly disappointed w/ the level of professionalism that was portrayed... i will not be back...

and as far as my run on primos goes... i received word from joe, the head decision dodger, that i was clear to continue... they were going to recover me after my roll and fire and i told them that i was not out of time... he said to let them go because i had not received ANY outside assistance... MY spotter put MY fire out and only the two of us did the recovery.... but just as the buggy landed on all fours, joe is telling me that my time is up due to safety concerns... i argued the point, but the fat **** that was running the stop watch ASSUMED i was finished and stopped my time... so i proceeded to tell them what i REALLY thought about them... again **** that mother ****er...

they wanted to stand firm on the safety bullshit, but when brian rolled in the punisher, IN THE ****ING WATER, there was no time called... again i am very dissatisfied in the level of competency that clay county 4x4 brought to this event... they clearly show that they have no real world wheeling experience, nor any competition experience... this was a judges hypothesis of what they think the real world is and it really showed... the competetors brought it to the table, but this was clearly a one sided transaction...

congratulations John G. maybe next year the put the cones in the center of the trail then with no dout i win 2011 settc. lol

come on now Jimmy the fans were just tring to help besides it would of not made a difference any way. just 4 the record i want to think all the ones that help me went i layed over.

RKEY said:
come on now Jimmy the fans were just tring to help besides it would of not made a difference any way. just 4 the record i want to think all the ones that help me went i layed over.
it might not of made a difference, however i should be the one to choose when i am finished... 35 knew he was going to be dead last, but he had every opportunity just like the rest of us did...

Ya , Jimmy I think your own your own on this one. I feel I have some wheelin experience, and I was one of the judges. I would have called it after the fire. Their was no communication from you or your co driver which was at the top of primos( because I handed him the extinguiser) that ya'll wanted to keep going. Your fire was an oil fire your dip stick came out of the motor. The oil was clearly on the ground around your buggy. I think they made a good call. But I assure you next time most people want care if you catch on fire and your buggy burns down. You put one of the best shows of bad sportsmanship that I have ever seen. Like I told you at the top of Primos I would let it go, if I was you. Then you come on the forum and start calling people names. I usually don't speak out like this, but you really disapointed me with your tempertantrum , then you come on hear and start it back up. WHY. it's their comp their rules not yours.

I dont think the issue is that the fans helped...they didnt..we were right there if/when he needed help with the fire/removal. To me, a fan help is pushing a rig back over or helping with the winch or any hand on type work. Again, I say this since I was right there being very careful not to even touch the winch line or a clevis when he rolled and the fire burned.

kid rok said:
Their was no communication from you or your co driver which was at the top of primos( because I handed him the extinguiser) that ya'll wanted to keep going.

Brad....clearly they were trying to upright and winch in a hurry as if they were still on the clock. Why would anyone think they have to ask the judges if they are still on the clock?