• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sex and Specs

Do Work 93YJ

Been seeing photos of some sexy hot rods,rat rods, and trucks popping up lately around here. Figured I would start a thread for everyone to share pictures and specs of these machines.

I'll start with a friends that we've been working on for about two years. It is a 67 SS Nova with a 406 Small block with a F2 Pro Charger, Viper 6 speed trans, and narrowed up 9" four linked rear. Dyno'd at 826 Hp to the rear wheel at 7500 Rpms with 14 psi of boost. :woot: Shooting to have it ready for the Rod Run in April. :popcorn:

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have always loved fast street cars! Have built alot of different ones over the years, here is the last one i built about 5 years ago, 2002 Camaro 10.5 car, had a 632 BBC with Big Cheif heads, and 2 stages of nitrous! So now i got a Zuki with 79 cubic inches and about 50hp, Dam! talkin about goin the other way to the extreme!

I'll play, I'm into traditional hot rods, with a side of Kustoms. I would say I am a snob about hot rods, if it aint traditional I dont like it unless it can be hidden in the build.

Sold my '58 Apache Kustom about two years ago. It went to Norway.
Loved this truck once it was done, put about 6k on it, then stopped driving it once my son was born. Wasnt enough room for Tiff, a car seat and me.
RamJet350, 700R4, 9"
057s.jpg

Still have '65 Riviera, bored and stroked Nailhead, Switchpitch, and stock GM rearend, FatLuckys interior. Fully detailed out front to back, top to bottom. I've put about 5k on it since building it. Likely will never be sold. This is the first car dad and I did together. Man I've got some stories about this car. Bought it off a methhead in Willis, TX after a nightshift in the rain. Drove it 1.5 home in houston traffic with bald tires frame full of east texas sand, no brakes, no wipers, shot suspension, but son of a bitch hauled ass like a big block should. Now she's real lumpy :eek:
IMG_3011.jpg

FOR SALE!!! I love this little rocket ship, but it scares the piss out of me to drive. Its just chilling in my storage building.
'23 Tbucket, vette 327, th350
This is an old school rod we found in total disrepair in KCMO a few years ago.
IMG_3409.jpg

Next two are my dads cars.
'32 5w coupe. 327vette, th350, '60s for rearend
We didnt build this car, I found it for dad, and he flew to go look at a different car in Nebraska, that guy no showed, so he ends up near Springfield MO in an ice storm to check this one out. He bought it. It did require a lot of TLC in the maintenance dept, but that was it, and then I switched the tires and rims out for more period correct '40 Ford steelies. I know this one will never be for sale, dad drives it almost daily, and when he stops driving all together it will be mine, and I'll eventually pass it to my son West.
IMG_2562.jpg

1930 Cadillac
all original was bought new in NYC and dad got it off an older gentleman in NJ who was the 3rd owner. Dad maybe put 10 miles on it, and I put probably a 1k on it. Its a huge handful to drive. Mechanical lever action brakes, non-synco trans, and no power steering on an 8k vehicle. Tiffany and I used to take it to dinner every Sunday night here in Sugar Land. Its now in Illinois being fully restored, then will be for sale.
It is the size of a Suburban for reference.
IMG_3570.jpg

Sweet '61 Caddy for some lucky person. I scored it as a next project after the '58 then offroad racing started, then Bonneville, then kids....its been sitting in front of the shop a couple years now. It needed a hood, decklid, and motor, I have them but havent got to touching it. Wanted to do one like Jimmy Vaughns (google it).
IMG_2775.jpg

My current project, but old old out of date pic.
'42 Chevy pickup, with way too many rare parts. Nothing on it will be newer than 1949 (except the trans which is hidden so I can actually drive it in modern day traffic)
'40 Cadillac Flathead, TH400 w/ Ford Aux O/D unit, Cyclone Quickchange rearend.
mock2.jpg

And the last one.
The only 555 vehicle of Triple Nickel Racing these days.
2010 Spitzer 190" Top Fuel chassis, nick-named the "Texas Tractor"
Foyt Quad Cam Ford low 1200's in hp on methanol, Lenko three speed, and Strange 10"
Should go close to 300mph one day.
Dad's dream, and me helping make it happen.
IMG_0151.jpg

DAMMIT YALL :dblthumb:

My uncle Larry had a 65 riviera , JUST LIKE THAT ONE , cept his was STOCK of course, but SAME COLOR as that one.

I remember bein a little kid ridin in the backseat of it with my cousins, all that COOL METAL WORK on the console & interior, I think his had a 401 in it :dunno:

My DUMBASS AUNT sold it without tellin any of us after he got killed in a huntin accident in 1999 , we were bummed about it, but it WAS HERS to sale ::)

Don,t know who or where it even got sold too, but it was a LOW mileage car that ALWAYS stayed garage kept.

this one was white with tan interior, and had the 401 not the 425. But now its a 468 w/ dual 4 barrels.
Oh one thing I need to change, I was in a time crunch on exhaust before Lone Star Round up when we were finsihing it up. And I sent dad to get the exhaust done. Messicans put glasspacks on it, so its nice and VATO when you get on it. Its so tight underneith I keep putting off fixin them until I drive it and get on it. Then I laugh.

The color is Impala Black Cherry, but is actually the third color its been painted. There was a mix up and it accidentally got painted Impala Black first. It was that color for exactly 1 day.

Here the interior now, Mother of Pearl inserts like a Fender Guitar, and sent the steering wheel to Australia to get changed from Brown to Mother of Pearl by Pearlcraft.

IMG_0652.jpg

attachment-6.jpg

attachment-1.jpg

yall have some bad ass cars ,here are a coulple of ours ,back when we were drag racing :driving:

DAMN MAN.........thats cool seein those interior photos :dblthumb:

Looks JUST LIKE I remember, I will have too show them too my Dad, then try & keep him from goin and STRANGLING MY AUNT.........................AGAIN......

I like what you done with the old buick FO REAL :dblthumb:

This was my very first car and still own it today, Dad bought it for me in 1987 when i was 13. its a 1971 SS Chevelle thats had everything from a 305 2 barrel, to 468 big block with nitrous! use to do alot of street racing back in the mid 90's and was scared i was goin to wreck or tear it up, so i put a mild 454 in her and just ease around! future plans calls for turbo LS motor, 6 speed, kinda like the chevy nova up top! bad ass

InDaShop said:
'42 Chevy pickup, with way too many rare parts. Nothing on it will be newer than 1949 (except the trans which is hidden so I can actually drive it in modern day traffic)

drool drool

I have to confess I am a wierdo that loves the '61 Chevys with their 4-eyes, and big eyebrows. So many hate on the '61 hoods, and I freaking dig them.
That is an awesome truck, only thing sweeter would be if it were a fleetside but thats just personal preference.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Nice rides.

That has to be the best looking APACHE Ive ever seen.
A friend of mine just finished restoring a 4wd one. :dblthumb:
154293_168995363123447_147397331949917_404037_4641390_n.jpg

Here is my 68 firebird thats been sitting in the garage with no motor for over a year and a half. I drove this thing for 4 years. I had a ls1 one for it but sold it and is seriously thinking about doing a turbo'd 5.3. Or a built up 6.0.
IMAG0119.jpg

When I do put a motor in it (hopefully this year) I want to repaint it and lower it like this bird. I love the painted front bumper
IMG_2879.jpg

I have seen most of Wyatt and his Dad's stuff and man it is NICE. The shop is something else as well.

The Rivy is just so damn cool and you rarely see them around.