• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SFWDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdoss54

Take it easy, if it's easy take it twice.
So above is where hardline bought a group membership for 2016 and as a hardline member we could also join right? So is hardline gonna do the same for the members this year? Just curious we may all go first of may to AOP

Don't give that mickey mouse organization any money. Patronize your local park or donate to a project/fund to help private parks in your area. SFWDA is a joke and I'm shocked they still are able to get people to pay them anything. If it wasn't for Dixie Run they would no longer exist.

redneckengineered said:
Don't give that mickey mouse organization any money. Patronize your local park or donate to a project/fund to help private parks in your area. SFWDA is a joke and I'm shocked they still are able to get people to pay them anything. If it wasn't for Dixie Run they would no longer exist.

and trail fest. $50 for a day at AOP.

redneckengineered said:

AMEN ........

Re: Re: SFWDA

redneckengineered said:

jeeptj99 said:
and trail fest. $50 for a day at AOP.
Damn.....you guys log in under my name?! :-\ :mad:

redneckengineered said:

Explain? Are the people that run this scamming money for their selves or what?

nealcj8 said:
Explain? Are the people that run this scamming money for their selves or what?

Nothing like that, at least that I'm aware of. The organization serves no purpose in today's environment. They are a relic from the Tellico days that won't die. They absolutely served a purpose when Tellico was around. That was their baby. But, Tellico was their hill to die on. They botched that whole trail closure deal worse than a bad mexican plastic surgery job. I don't want to get into all the details but it was a joke and embarrassment and they blew a lot of people's money standing around fingering their ass while the place got shut down. The wheeling climate has changed dramatically since they had their heyday. Giving money to Southern anymore, you might as well flush it down the toilet. Like I said, you'd be a lot better off supporting the park owners directly than those ass clowns. The days of riding public lands are over and so should be SFWDA.

This is taken straight from their website...

SFWDA supports and facilitates projects throughout the year at the club, state and regional levels. Consistent with our stated mission the purpose is to respect and protect our valuable natural resources and promote responsible land usage in both the public and private sectors. SFWDA works in close cooperation with the U.S. Forest Service (USFS), state agencies in various regions and also private land owners. The SFWDA member clubs and individual members contribute thousands of man-hours each year on projects. Our member clubs work on projects at Uwharrie National Forest (NC), Beasley Knob (GA), Daniel Boone Forrest (KY) and many other locations throughout the southeastern United States. Each of these projects encompass working with land use agencies, local government agencies and land owners to facilitate responsible land usage and OHV trail conservation.

Uwharrie, Beasley Knob, Daniel Boone Forest...you ****ing kidding me? If they were smart (and they're not) they'd completely reorganize to become some sort of liaison between the riders and the private park land owners. They could organize trail cutting days, perform maintenance, raise money for bath houses/pavilions/etc, build bridges over creeks, support failing parks with fundraisers, etc. Hell, that's just off the top of my head. I think they have some issue with helping private parks because the owners make money off their backs. How idiotic is that? Don't even get me started. The days of working with USFS to keep public riding areas open are over...LMFAO. Please. Did you all see where the riding community came together to raise money for a bath house at AOP? Like I said, Southern is a pointless relic that just won't die because people have some sort of emotional attachment to Dixie Run and Jeep guys still think Trailfest is cool for some reason.

86chevota said:
Dude you know most people here have buggys here :stir: :****:

I'm just a poor man though. I live off sandwiches and ramen. And not the good ramen the .10 a pack ****.

jeeptj99 said:
I'm just a poor man though. I live off sandwiches and ramen. And not the good ramen the .10 a pack ****.

Ramen w/potted meat is some fine eatin'. hitit

Status
Not open for further replies.