• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shafties

I'll have to check that out and see what I can find for tires.

I don't run lipos, I don't really want to invest a bunch of money in a new charger. I need a nimh pack, in kind of a weird configuration, so I'll probably be getting them from cheap battery packs.

Have not checked out prices for NIMH from cheap battery packs but the last time I went to the LHS they were around 40 bucks for their low end batts & there was no way i was going to pay that much for one single battery.

I bought my charger for about 40 bucks and bought 5 batteries for like 35 bucks so that was why i switched over instead of paying 40 bucks for 1 battery.

What kind of charger do you have? Last time I had looked at lipo chargers they were like twice that. For that much it makes sense to switch over. The packs are going to be like $30ea for 9 cell 1500mah.

What kind of charger do you have? Last time I had looked at lipo chargers they were like twice that. For that much it makes sense to switch over. The packs are going to be like $30ea for 9 cell 1500mah.

Here's the charger me and my brother have, we bought it from this place also;

http://www.valuehobby.com/product_details.php?category_id=13&item_id=110

I bought a 3S (11.1V) 1800MAH 40C Lipo from Hobbyking for like $14 Each for my Losi & my 1000MAH 3S 30C were 4.99 Each.

Lipos are nice because they are quiet a bit smaller than NIMH & do not gradually loose power like NICD OR NIMN.

The only downfalls are that you need to have some sort of voltage cut off or need to manually check the voltage so that it does not drop below the reccommended voltage. I'm sure any battery can be dangerous if not handled properly but Lipos seem to be a bit more sensative when it comes to handling.

Nice, I think I will have to go that route. 11.1v is right about where I want to be, I was running 10cells (12v) before and I liked that power, after this rebuild, I can't for anymore than 9 cells.

I'm running a CC Sidewinder now, I know you can set it for running lipos so it has the cutoff, going to have to figure out where all my crawler paperwork went too.

Thanks for the info and links! I ordered the charger and 5 of those 1000mah lipos, it's horrible, the shipping on the batteries was almost as much as the batteries. So I spent like $30 more going this route over buying 2 of the other packs, not too bad.

Thanks for the info and links! I ordered the charger and 5 of those 1000mah lipos, it's horrible, the shipping on the batteries was almost as much as the batteries. So I spent like $30 more going this route over buying 2 of the other packs, not too bad.

Any time!:awesomework:

yeah thats the only thing that sucks is the shipping cost, when i ordered my last set of lipos i checked the shipping expense for 5 batteries vs 6 and there was like a 10 dollar difference because of the weight and probably package size so I ended up just going with 5. It can take a while to get the batteries because of customs, sometimes you can get them fast and others can take a while so be patient!

I'm guessing you went with the Turnigy's?

Got conformation that my batteries shipped, it says it may take up to 45 days. :booo: I was hoping to have this thing ready to try to make the comp in January if it's on a Sunday, might have to try to find one in the states if they aren't here in a few weeks.

Got conformation that my batteries shipped, it says it may take up to 45 days. :booo: I was hoping to have this thing ready to try to make the comp in January if it's on a Sunday, might have to try to find one in the states if they aren't here in a few weeks.

doubt it will take that long if its shipped but ya never know with customs. I've got a 3S 1800MAH lipo ill sell ya for 10 bucks w/ deans plugs & im in yelm:awesomework:

Got my first set of batteries thru them---after waiting for 3 weeks after paying upgrade shipping--never again.

But then again I only run hyperion lipos (VX) and will never go back..

doubt it will take that long if its shipped but ya never know with customs. I've got a 3S 1800MAH lipo ill sell ya for 10 bucks w/ deans plugs & im in yelm:awesomework:

Cool, I'll pick that up from you, it will be a little big for where I want to put it, but I can make it work. I drive through Yelm at least 3-4 times a week.

Got my first set of batteries thru them---after waiting for 3 weeks after paying upgrade shipping--never again.

But then again I only run hyperion lipos (VX) and will never go back..

Good thing I am a cheap basterd and didn't pay for faster shipping. :fawkdancesmiley:

we run hyperions also ,and they are great, but we have also been using the thunder power 1350 and it is a good practice battery, it lasts a long time.

Well the battery charger showed up yesterday, it looks like a pretty impressive little unit from reading through the instructions, not bad for $40! My driveshafts showed up yesterday too, I also ordered a set of Rovers too. So as soon as I get some batteries it should be comp ready!!!

So here it is all back together, just need make a mount for the battery once I get them and mount the tires once they show up.

It's sitting with 2.5" under the belly with the Losi's, I use to always run around 2.75", when I put the new tires on I should be in the ballpark I want to be in.
75539749.jpg

c5ad013c.jpg

e67e86d6.jpg

d298b989.jpg

With the body on...
b7ade2d2.jpg

264f122f.jpg

Good looking rig ya got there:awesomework:

Once you get some time put in with that charger leave a review, ive had good luck with it and think its a pretty good deal for 40 bucks.

Thanks! This is like probably the 10th rebuild of the crawler, this is the first one I haven't used a chassis that I bought. The chassis is still pretty rough, and could be prettied up a bit, but I figured I would run it a while and see if it needs any changes, then make a nice pretty final version.

I figured for the price it would be a pretty basic charger, but it has a lot of features!

Did you get the PM I sent about buying that battery you said you had for sale?