• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shafties

Got notice my Rovers shipped. What are you guys running for foams in them? I've got nice foams in my tires now, one of the guys over on WARCRC use o make them, forget the name, anyways they are going to be way too short for the new tires. Are the foams that come with the Rovers decent at all?

Got notice my Rovers shipped. What are you guys running for foams in them? I've got nice foams in my tires now, one of the guys over on WARCRC use o make them, forget the name, anyways they are going to be way too short for the new tires. Are the foams that come with the Rovers decent at all?

I dont really care for the stock foams that come with the rovers, im getting ready to order the double deuce nova 5.5's from Crawler Innovations. Heres the link;

http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/index.php?page=products&id=2

and btw I PM'd ya back a few days ago about the battery, did you get it?

I was just looking over on RCC and saw those, they look pretty cool. I figure I'll run the stickers, or possibly see if I can Frankenstein some foams together with some of the stuff I have laying around.

No, I never got it. :booo: I'll PM ya again...

Back at ya.:awesomework:

I'm getting really excited for the comp next month! I need to get out and get a little practice again, I have a feeling that I'm going to be a bit rusty. :redneck:

It was nice meeting ya tonight Les, we will have to get together sometime and go crawling....Hope the lipo works out for ya, thanks for the sale:awesomework:

Nice meeting you too, thanks for hooking me up with the battery! As soon as my tires show up I'll be charging it up and start testing. We will definitely have to get together and do some crawlin, I need to practice up before the comps... :redneck:

Uh oh Les is back into it...next thing you know you'll be like Mike and not wheel again for a year. :fawkdancesmiley:

:haha::haha::fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley: Well it's a good alternative, it's a lot cheaper to hual this thing around than it is to haul the Cruiser around. :redneck:

Nah, it shouldn't affect my wheelin too much, with my self-imposed ban on winter wheelin, I've got a good 4 months off due to snow right now. Assuming I can still afford to go wheelin after the baby is born, I'm still wanting to shoot for hitting the trail once a month after the snow is gone.

Got my Rovers all mounted up, holy crap those things are tall. It did put my belly height right at 2.75", so thats right where I wanted it. Threw the battery on there, it's got a little less punch than it did with my 10cells, but its still got WAY more than enough power.

Your going to love those tires. But the stock foams do bring the suck. But its like wheelin on red dot's!

I hacked up my old set of memory foams and made a nice set of foams for the front. The stock foams are like 1.5" too short. I found another set of foams I had laying around, I think they were the ones that came with my Losi's, they are taller than the Rover ones so they seems to work well.

I farted around the house for about 25 min or so and it was still going strong, I have a feeling under normal conditions it should last a long time.

Went out to the Skookumchuck monorock and played today. Those Rovers are fawkin sweet! My Frankenstein foams in the front tires seemed to work really well. It was working VERY well, even being wet and muddy, I was still crawling some pretty hard lines that were almost impossible before. Still had driveshaft issues though. :mad: The new driveshafts have set screws holding them together and they kept coming apart, I'm just going to use a punch to make a divot for the set screw to go into, should solve the problem.

The battery worked awesome, we were out there for about 50 min and it was still going strong, mainly because I wasn't punching the throttle much. I plugged it in when I got home and it was showing 3.8v per cell, so it looks like I'd only ran it like half way down!

So here's some pics with the Rovers on it:

b54c3488.jpg

4268e85e.jpg

7a2e6831.jpg

Looks good man! Those tires seem to work better after they are broken in a bit too!

Any pics from the skook?