• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shakedown run Sunday 7/11/2010 Walker

Well i have more carnage, my alternator took a dump today, and stupid toyota makes you take the water pump hose off to get it out wtf grrr

why are your boggers mounted bacwards on a couple tires?

legal trails have a trail marker,any trail marker at the entrance or exit of this trail?

Its not a bootleg trail, its been there forever. (upper mainline that no one uses)

It's not marked as a trail, therefore not legal Jakob...Although I agree it'd be nice to see this back on, it currently is not a legal route, and you know it....

why are your boggers mounted bacwards on a couple tires?

legal trails have a trail marker,any trail marker at the entrance or exit of this trail?

No, Walker valley does not have trail markers for all legal trails. Additionally, the map that is in distribution shows it as a road. Therefore it can be interpreted as a trail. We have an arbitrarily set amount of miles at walker, which specifies what trails are 'legal' or not. Funny fact, part of expressway is not sanctioned, but since it kept getting ran, the local DNR office just gave up and let it slide. The same can go for here.

What gets me is that we're bickering about one little section while motorcyclists have 30+ miles of unauthorized trail, which no one bickers about. Just go read thumpertalk.

It's not marked as a trail, therefore not legal Jakob...Although I agree it'd be nice to see this back on, it currently is not a legal route, and you know it....

Oh yes, I know that I need to take a left instead of a right. But I bet Sam wouldn't. Nor would ANYONE ELSE as there isn't any signage indicating so! :rolleyes: Even worse, the correct way has a tree branch across it! People who are new are naturally going to go right.

Also, is it sooo bad that I'm going on this trail, when the -legal- part of Jeep cross is now an imminent landslide that will kill someone? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No thanks. I'm going to run the Egg, and then go right.

No, Walker valley does not have trail markers for all legal trails. Additionally, the map that is in distribution shows it as a road. Therefore it can be interpreted as a trail. We have an arbitrarily set amount of miles at walker, which specifies what trails are 'legal' or not. Funny fact, part of expressway is not sanctioned, but since it kept getting ran, the local DNR office just gave up and let it slide. The same can go for here.

What gets me is that we're bickering about one little section while motorcyclists have 30+ miles of unauthorized trail, which no one bickers about. Just go read thumpertalk.

Oh yes, I know that I need to take a left instead of a right. But I bet Sam wouldn't. Nor would ANYONE ELSE as there isn't any signage indicating so! :rolleyes: Even worse, the correct way has a tree branch across it! People who are new are naturally going to go right.

Also, is it sooo bad that I'm going on this trail, when the -legal- part of Jeep cross is now an imminent landslide that will kill someone? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No thanks. I'm going to run the Egg, and then go right.

So whats being done to correct the problem? Any plans?

You have hit some valid points jacob but the point still remains you ran the train knowingly weather it was or was not legit. We have to remember how our actions speak and for those of us who are working hard for the sytems we have(and will have) we need to lead a good example.

As for the bike stuff. We need to worry about ouselfs before we worry about other groups because as we sit we can't even do that.

So whats being done to correct the problem? Any plans?

You have hit some valid points jacob but the point still remains you ran the train knowingly weather it was or was not legit. We have to remember how our actions speak and for those of us who are working hard for the sytems we have(and will have) we need to lead a good example.

We have corrected the problem. We have a bypass around the dangerous part of the system, going on an old trail. Done.

Some buggies have made another bypass into the new clearcut, which is another option, but will need some more work so people can use it. I plan to take both of these routes to DNR tonight.

If DNR had their way, they'd just close jeep cross. But we know that doesn't work. People remove the barriers. With only 4 miles of trail, this is not an option

The point is, we're taking action to keep a trail open. And its being done environmentally responsibly. Its OUR job (those who tirelessly volunteer there) to make sure any bypasses are environmentally sustainable. Because if we don't do it, SOMEONE will.

DNR f'ed up. It is my plan as well to watch ALL future timber sales, and rally the ORV community to appeal any SEPA submitted without regard to our trails. The timber sale around jeep cross should have NEVER been allowed to happen. Once DNR forestry starts to notice we're delaying their revenue process, they'll see we're a threat. Since the legislature has given us political power by stating the importance of recreation on state lands in RCWs, forestry cannot just simply override our needs and close out the area.

As for the bike stuff. We need to worry about ouselfs before we worry about other groups because as we sit we can't even do that.

I applaud the bikers for taking control of their trails. They build trails and then when DNR gets money, they incorporate them into the system. the 4 miles of trail that was just added last year was previously an unauthorized trail.

They don't sit with their tails tucked between their legs while they wait for the 'legal system' to provide trails for them. It'd be nice to see wheelers grow some balls and do the same.

I applaud the bikers for taking control of their trails. They build trails and then when DNR gets money, they incorporate them into the system. the 4 miles of trail that was just added last year was previously an unauthorized trail.

They don't sit with their tails tucked between their legs while they wait for the 'legal system' to provide trails for them. It'd be nice to see wheelers grow some balls and do the same.

x2 i agree

I would love to see that trail adopted into the trail system as a proper rerouting away from that dangerous section of jeep cross. My only concern is that one "trouble" area where the trail leaves the road. Have you looked into what else we could do there Jakob?

I just had this conversation last week with a friend......Bikers build trails non stop up there and DNR looks the other way while we ask to build 100 yards and get shut down. Is this what we get for following the rules and going within the system?.....It's a game and we're loosing right now.:booo: Maybe it's time to play a ball?:;

Sure, growing a set is one thing, but getting them stomped on is not gonna feel too good either...It has been said before, and it'll be said again I'm sure----we need to be able to manage what's already there....do you see a bunch of individuals coming up to help out with what is currently there??? Maybe a few, but the vast majority have been members of clubs (only a couple come to mind...)...

Sure, growing a set is one thing, but getting them stomped on is not gonna feel too good either...It has been said before, and it'll be said again I'm sure----we need to be able to manage what's already there....do you see a bunch of individuals coming up to help out with what is currently there??? Maybe a few, but the vast majority have been members of clubs (only a couple come to mind...)...

I understand what you're saying but I think if what's there were more worthwhile you would have more people interested in keeping it.:;

Maybe it's time to play with my balls?:;

:fawkdancesmiley:

I know you know this, but i feel if we start putting that mentality forth the idiots that are already tearing **** up are going to think it's a greenlight for a free for all.

I wish that we could get a little more leniency in our ORV areas for new trails, maybe a new trial every 2 years, etc. Stuff that warrants growth in our sport, and allows for the relief of other trails. As we saw over memorial day weekend in Naches the amount of wear and tear on a single trail from the closure of other trails and having only a handful open for a major recreational weekend. I try and play by the rules, but sometimes the rules seem as though some city-slicker who has no idea what an evergreen tree looks like is making the calls.

EDIT:

And maybe if we didnt get new trails, just permission to modify or update existing trails. Like in the Cle Elum area, there is the 307 trail and then there is the 307.1 trail. Little offshoot loops and such that take you that little bit further. :awesomework:

Sure Rick, but if it's not maintained, it's lost/closed....whether it's worth it to keep it or not to some, it's lost...

I know you know this, but i feel if we start putting that mentality forth the idiots that are already tearing **** up are going to think it's a greenlight for a free for all.

That's going to happen anyways. Maybe if we were to "play ball" and build trails in a orderly fashion then the "idiots" may just join in and be constructive rather than destructive......It's my opinion and I've brought this to the attention of DNR officials that if you get people involved in putting fourth the work to build trails then they will respect it much more when it's done. Taking a hard line when you're (DNR) understaffed will only promote the idiots and it will turn into a huge mess.