• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sheetmetal work

Hip

i need to roll a piece of .125 aluminium thats 50" wide.

i tried to anneal it and just fold it over the rig but that did not work so well. :redneck:

anyone have access to a roller or big break that could help me roll the lip to the top of my project?

a bunch of small bends would also work. needs to fit a 50" piece.

i have one at work but they tried to fire someone for working on thier lawnmower during lunch.....:rolleyes:

I realize you want to build every single part/piece on your rig. However sometimes your time is worth more. Summit sells alum tranny tunnels for cheap. My 2 cents.

this part is the top of the buggy. its already made except for the rolled portion.

and yes sometimes time is worth more than the expense.

transmission tunnels hum, that what this weekends project was gonna be....?

atten bunk

I realize you want to build every single part/piece on your rig. However sometimes your time is worth more. Summit sells alum tranny tunnels for cheap. My 2 cents.

Joe what to search for at summit site for a tranny tunnel cover. i could only find one OEM steel tunnel for a vette?

Personally i would run one of these and run the panels close to it.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=csi-833&dds=1

Woah, I guess they dont have alum tunnels anymore. They used to, I was gonna get one, It had a bunch of small brakes on it..Once i saw the above safety cover i changed my mind about having a full alum interior.

yeah that would work, i saw one of those in person, (KOH) but didnt know the guy and didnt ask where he got it. you could paint it all cool also:cool:

but i got the aluminium welder all set up and laid my first bead last night:masturbanana[1]:

I've got a 72" brake at work, can't remember how wide our roll is. I will get a measurement on it and get back to you.

would it be possible to either bring it to your work and roll it or give it to you and offer some kind of bribe?

its a pretty expensive piece of metal id really like to save it if possible.:awesomework: