• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shocks

CrustyJeep

The Dodge seems a tad under shocked in the front, and it feels under shocked all the way around with a camper on board. Let's talk about bad ass shocks. You start :D

If you want a nice ride.. the Bilstiens.. If you haul often, rancho 9000's. They won't ride as nice, but they are able to handle a load better. I just deal with my Bilstiens when loaded because I drive it way more un-loaded..

It's a truck. The only reason it even has suspension is so you can talk a woman into riding in it :redneck:

Sounds like my F-350. It has RS9000's on it. I swear it feels like it's going to fall apart when I drive it unloaded on dirt roads, but damn does it handle well with a bed full of scrap metal.

what about those airbag's you put inside your coil.Like on my dodge 2wd:corn:
Got 'em, and they help for sure, but the side to side sway, once you get it started, kinda likes to keep going, like the shocks aren't even there.

Actually I'm afraid the tires could be half the problem. They're load range D, and they squish out pretty good.

Got 'em, and they help for sure, but the side to side sway, once you get it started, kinda likes to keep going, like the shocks aren't even there.

Actually I'm afraid the tires could be half the problem. They're load range D, and they squish out pretty good.

I've had a LOT of weight on my D's and they don't squish out much.... Yea I need to go back to E's but these tires were cheap :redneck: . Does your truck have a rear sway bar? I've got one laying out back but have been too lazy to put it on. Hauled a rather top heavy load home from work today and it would have been real nice.

It's a truck. The only reason it even has suspension is so you can talk a woman into riding in it :redneck:

I wish I had suspension in my truck, I just have these huge metal straps that keep the axles under the truck. :booo:

Not a problem with real tow rigs...

My truck had some worn out Les Schwab Load Range D tires on it when I bought it. They were really squirmy and mushy. Even empty the truck rode and handled like it was on marshmellows, just crap. Because of this and the fact that I desired to be well on the side of caution, I wanted to replace them with some Load Range E, 10PR tires. I could only find 3 Load Range E, 10PR tires in size 315/75R16: Toyo Open Country M/Ts, Hankook Dynapro MT RT03s, and some Super Swamper. Went with the Toyo M/Ts and it made a HUGE difference in how the truck handled. Steering was far more crisp and overall handling more stable.

One of the cheapo Les Schwab shocks broke about 6 months later so I replaced them all with Bilstein 5100s. They did not make anywhere near as much of an improvement as replacing the Load Range D tires did.

Latest posts