• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

short block/ long block?

lethe

so whats the difference in a short block 22re vs long block. is there specific years for a short block/ long block? i see engine remanufacturers list long/short block but ive never heard what block is specific to what years.

Short block is just the bottom end. Long block includes the head/valve train. If you are rebuildind a 22re I would highly suggest a BRAND NEW head, not a re-man one. Electrolisis kills those aluminum heads and are very hard to tell if they are bad. I have had re-mans go bad on me.

If I was going for a 22RE rebuild, I'd take the old block down to Engine Builder in Portland and exchange it for a rebuilt block with a new RV head. At the same time I'd put on a new water pump, get the alternator rebuilt at a reputable shop and swap the contacts out in the starter. Maybe also look into a new set of injectors.

no not tall/ short deck. so all it means when they say long block is block/head. easy enough. thanks:cool:

If I was going for a 22RE rebuild, I'd take the old block down to Engine Builder in Portland and exchange it for a rebuilt block with a new RV head.
Oregon Engine Rebuilders out of Sandy gave me a unlimited mile, unlimited year warranty on the engine for as long as I owned it. I was also told that if it fails due to my negelect (no oil) or my fault (I drop bolt in it and run it) that he would pay for labor and only charge me labor.

Latest posts