• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snow wheelin', ORCRC style, pictures......

Toyofast

Figured I'd share for the web-crawlers out there. Good times were had, even with only two of us.

There was Scoot and myself that made it today.... Kyle, where were you buddy?

We meet up at 9am and waited until 9:15 before heading up the road. We 1st stopped at the gravel pit under the powerlines, played until Scoot snapped an outer stub shaft. He put in a new one and we headed up the road a couple more miles to a trail head for hikers. Played for a bit until we BOTH blew out front ring and pinion gears!! I lost a shock, broke 2 body mounts and lost the front diff. Scoot lost a front diff, 2 stub shafts and who knows what else. Carnage is cool, except for having to buy new parts :lol:

Snow running is cool, would be better with more rigs too. I need to swap out my high end radio that never gives me any issues for my cheap one that never works :wink:

Enough chat.......

PICT8777.jpg

First carnage of the day and Dr. Scoot at work...

PICT8778.jpg

PICT8779.jpg

PICT8780.jpg

Now at spot #2.... Scoot was having some issues with being able to stay on top of the snow, the FJC did pretty well until the radio would glitch and cause the wheels to spin. We were on top of about 1-2 feet of snow.

PICT8781.jpg

PICT8782.jpg

PICT8783.jpg

PICT8784.jpg

PICT8785.jpg

Watch out for the hole Scoot!!

PICT8786.jpg

Don't follow Scoot's tracks, he booby traps them!!

PICT8787.jpg

PICT8788.jpg

Scoot's 8-point turn out ....

PICT8789.jpg

We stopped after noticing that we were not going to get much farther, turned around and followed our tracks back out....

PICT8790.jpg

Almost towards the end and the soft stuff starts to get Scoot bogged down...

PICT8791.jpg

My front diff started to let go at this point... I wonder if it's covered under warranty?

PICT8792.jpg

Shock let go...

PICT8793.jpg

Makes it look like it's late, only 11am in this shot...

PICT8794.jpg

The 2wd rigs going at it...

PICT8796.jpg

Yep, it's dead. Time for a rebuild....

PICT8798.jpg

Looks like a fun run Toyo. The FJ Cruiser reminds of the if the rigs from Iceland with the big-0-44's.

toyota-4runner-44-inch-tires.jpg

4x4-hofsjokull-ofsi.jpg

4x4-snow-and-ice-extra-long-land-cruiser.jpg

4x4-trucks-iceland-land-rover-44.jpg

Looks like you guys had a blast. We went snow wheelin yesyerday also only we took out the big toys. Same story only 2 of us showed. It was a blast,the rino is almost unstoppable

think I saw pics of that FJ on RCC. I still ike that rig..All the trail rash on the chev was a pretty cool touch as well..Creative.

TomC said:
think I saw pics of that FJ on RCC. I still ike that rig..All the trail rash on the chev was a pretty cool touch as well..Creative.

Yep. It was my 13 day build project. Easiest rig I've built ever. I could have put it together in a day but since I had less than an hour per night to work on it...... took me about 10 days to really build it.

The body is going onto a shelf, again. It didn't survive the snow run very well. Need to paint up the Tundra body, lighter and should handle the multipule flips and tumbles down hills better than the 1.5lb FJ Cruiser body:D