• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snowmobiling

Went up to Stampede on Saturday, It was 8 degrees out and there was lots of powder. We had a good day of riding until my throttle cable ended up braking and I had to ride back using a pair of vise grips to control the throttle :redneck:

A few pics from this year and last

Attachments

• Sled 2011 246.jpg
    Sled 2011 246.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Iphone 027a (2).jpg
    Iphone 027a (2).jpg
    31 KB · Views: 194
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 187
close.
that is a well known hill. couldn't believe nobody else was up there.

youguys think polaris or cat will ever get their hands on the e-tec technology? thats the best motor on the snow imo, wicked top end, just hard to get the hang of the doo chassis in some situations.
i know they have bought eachothers tech before with flatslide carbs, batteryless efi, exhaust valves, ect..
I want a pro chassis but would be hard to justify less h.p. and fuel economy...

The e-tec is a pretty solid power plant, but like you said the chassis can be hard to get the hang of. Cat's 800 is a proben power house and they seem to last forever so can't immagine them deviating from it. I do think it's dumb that they need 4 spark plugs to get it to meet emmissions. As for polaris, they sure got a bad rep with motors and poor quality control. And even though it is supposed to be stronger than a weld I still would have a hard time shelling out $$$ for a sled that is glued together. I would rather go back to ski doo (the 2013 looks promising).

interesting take.
im not impressed with any of the standard 2 cyl. 2 strokes anymore myself. I'll ride em all though, and have fun doin it!
not sure what to think of the '13 summit. two wheel kit sounds good, 2.5" track will dominate, but the tmotion suspension im skeptical of. i see the free ride doesnt use it...

one of my riding buddys might disagree on how solid the top end is....2k to airlift it off of short n dirty last month.ski doo covered the top end but told no way on the recovery cost.

one of my riding buddys might disagree on how solid the top end is....2k to airlift it off of short n dirty last month.ski doo covered the top end but told no way on the recovery cost.

Your right, skidoo has had some known issues with top ends and also cranks which were a huge problem with the REV's. My 07 Rev has over 3K miles on it with no issues (knock on wood) but ive read many horror stories about them failing very early. RK Tek makes some good fixes for both the REV & the E-TEC though:redneck:

i remember when the hot thing to do was drop a 670 rotax, or 809 triple into your polaris. some things never change. polaris chassis+doo power = win:D:beer:

09 800 Dragon 155"

My new/used toy. No where to winter wheel anymore that is fun so here we go. Just need snow :redneck:

Attachments

• 1a2b3c.jpg
    1a2b3c.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 100_4467.jpg
    100_4467.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 139
Nice sled, what's with the pile of parts next to it:eeek:

I took the sled apart and can't remember were where all that stuff went back on the sled. Damn complicated contraptions. :redneck:

The PO is a sled builder. The pictures are from his place. Now that I own it, it sets next to another pile of parts.

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 118
I took the sled apart and can't remember were where all that stuff went back on the sled. Damn complicated contraptions. :redneck:

The PO is a sled builder. The pictures are from his place. Now that I own it, it sets next to another pile of parts.

I hope we get know snow this year:fawkdancesmiley:

Nice! We will have to get together this winter, we go sledding just about every weekend. :awesomework: