• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So... If I pick up yota axles...

FireballXL5

Do they make spacer/adapters to go from 6 on 5.5 ----> to 5 on 5.5? Or is it easier to buy another set of yota rims?

I bet yota steelies are a dime a dozen out there huh...

Just thinking ahead for what I'm gonna need to acquire to do a yota axle swap on my sammi... I'd like to have it all before I start the swap... So I can get right back out to the trails...

Even if I just do it in stages, rear first, front later...

Opinions on whether or not I should increase tire size and/or stretch the wheelbase?

Realized I was asking these questions in dudes for sale thread... And thought I'd start my own... Sorry man.

Stretch, Toy High Steer (you're already running a Toy IFS box, no?), diff gears 4:88's (5:29's are too low IMHO, with all the gearing you have in the case already), 35's/36's... and yes, buy wheels, not adapters...

I've already got a highsteer setup... Not sure it it would transfer to yota front axle or not...

Already running a yota steering box... Not sure exactly what kind...

Currently running 3.73 gears, with 6.5:1 in the t-case... Even stock yota 4.10's would be an improvement... Beggars can't be choosers, and I'd run stock gearing at first... Depending on what I find...

How to stretch... Using the leaf spring setup I've got now... Or would that require a huge change in my setup? She's super capable as is... But, upgrades/changes are part of the deal here...

Side note: I'm super happy with how she wheels now, with the exception of getting stuck in the 42" ruts you guys leave me, I'd swap my sammi axles for yota axles just so I don't have so much trail side repair, and leave everything else alone... Or... I could start throwing lots of money at it that I'll never see again... My biggest bonus right now is how little I've got into the rig...

I would start off by throwing the axles under the rig and dialing it in as a start and wheel it. Get the super axles and lockers do it right the 1st time.

I've been wheeling mine for 5 yrs now on stock birfs, and only ever broke one short side (my own damn fault too...).....running 33's originally, then 35's, then 36's, and back to 35's...then 36's again, and back again to 35's... I have installed 27 spline Longs when I broke the one side on yr 4 with Yota's...
Going to 35's with Yota's nets you the same clearance underneath you currently have running 33's with the Sami stuff...

It may be a while before I get to this swap... I keep picking up sammi axles super cheap... So I've got a few to go through while I acquire parts!

It may be a while before I get to this swap... I keep picking up sammi axles super cheap... So I've got a few to go through while I acquire parts!

No problem. Im not in any hurry. Currently pondering converting to a VW beetle carb to replace the Bailing wire and ziptied together stock carb that finally quit working.

So... When the yotas go under the sammi... I thought it'd be a good time to stretch it(everyone says it could help)... And I thought the easiest way to stretch would be link it...

But Chop Shop mentioned that it might not be necessary or needed... And I value your opinions and insights...

Obviously it'd be much easier to just swap axles, and keep em at this wheelbase... Modifying perches and whatnot as necessary... I've heard a few guys say that even a 5" stretch could make a profound difference and wouldn't be hard to do with my current setup...

I know I ask a lot of questions, but it helps guide me in my research of what I'm trying to accomplish... I just want a handy capable rig, that will hold up to my abuse...

Thanks for any input!

So... When the yotas go under the sammi... I thought it'd be a good time to stretch it(everyone says it could help)... And I thought the easiest way to stretch would be link it...

But Chop Shop mentioned that it might not be necessary or needed... And I value your opinions and insights...

Obviously it'd be much easier to just swap axles, and keep em at this wheelbase... Modifying perches and whatnot as necessary... I've heard a few guys say that even a 5" stretch could make a profound difference and wouldn't be hard to do with my current setup...

I know I ask a lot of questions, but it helps guide me in my research of what I'm trying to accomplish... I just want a handy capable rig, that will hold up to my abuse...

Thanks for any input!

I know for the Toyota stuffs there is an FAQ on Pirate4x4.com.....
i am sure there is one floating around for the Sammi stuff tooo...

Not that asking questions is a bad thing.But for sure gets old when they have been asked a million times...:redneck:Ask me how I know that:haha:

I have found SOOOO much info out of that FAQ it is recockulous...

Saves questions for things like,
WHy is the sky blue?, and
What color would dirt be if we didna call it brown?
And my personal favorite,
What size tires can I fit if I did this tire/ lift combo?:haha::fawkdancesmiley:Subaru ****....
I ask shitfucktons of questions.But I can see my questions changing.
I been also reading my ass off.For like years:haha::awesomework:
cheers:redneck:

Last edited:
Just go help Gavin build his and then you will know everything you need to know for yours.

This is the best advice you're gonna get. Get your hands dirty and see how things work and ask lots of questions while helping and then figure out what might work best for you.

Or get caught up bsing while drinking moonshine---then forget your beer mirror in some a-hole's booth! :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

Just go for it. Talk is for the girl scouts. You are going to roll it, crash it and blow the motor. Then start over is 5 years anyways:haha::awesomework::hi: