• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

Re:

I will be looking for a 700efi model unless I run across a 660 that is mint, has accessories already on it, and at a deal.

I bought a new xp900 4 seater a few months back and have taken it to AOP, Chocco, Morris Mnt, Tall Top trails and a few other places with out any issues. I let a buddy of mine drive me all over RBD this year that really doesn't have any wheeling experience without any issues. We hit some pretty hard obstacles that were easy to do with some common wheeling sense. In no way am I saying it is the same rig as the ole beamer buggy was, but for what you are wanting to do ( get back on the trails with friends ), it will be a lot of fun.

Bahama Bob said:
I bought a new xp900 4 seater a few months back and have taken it to AOP, Chocco, Morris Mnt, Tall Top trails and a few other places with out any issues. I let a buddy of mine drive me all over RBD this year that really doesn't have any wheeling experience without any issues. We hit some pretty hard obstacles that were easy to do with some common wheeling sense. In no way am I saying it is the same rig as the ole beamer buggy was, but for what you are wanting to do ( get back on the trails with friends ), it will be a lot of fun.
It was good to see ya buddy!

Re: Re: So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

Bahama Bob said:
Ok, I saw julio post them pics of it but didn't know it was yours! Cool man! Sounds like we are in the same boat, that's all I'm looking to do, just get back out on the trails and bullshit with buddies.

JohnG said:
Same model I have. Always been hard to cold start. I added a primer and now cranks first turn over of the motor.

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIKUNI-SBN-SUPER-BN-JET-SKI-PWC-SINGLE-CARB-PRIMER-KIT-KAWASAKI-YAMAHA-SEA-DOO-/361094980055?hash=item5412f021d7:g:cOwAAOSwrklU~eue&vxp=mtr

Will be buying that kit ASAP for the GF's dad's Rhino. He keeps saying its been hard to cold start since day 1. Its a solid rig. He's used it on his farm and for hunting and has only done basic maintenance on it throughout its life. Not weepow hill killin style use but they aren't easy on equipment either.

Stretch said:
Will be buying that kit ASAP for the GF's dad's Rhino. He keeps saying its been hard to cold start since day 1. Its a solid rig. He's used it on his farm and for hunting and has only done basic maintenance on it throughout its life. Not weepow hill killin style use but they aren't easy on equipment either.

I did not modify the carb. There are two little square plastic boxes that stick up between the carb and the air filter box. I drilled a tight hole and pushed the line in the side of the one closest to the carb.

Rhino-UMP-1.jpg

Note, I have no idea what that blue thing is, just found a pic of the boxes on the net!

Damn them Vikings are badass (to me) with 30's on em. Supposed to have more power than ranger xp 800's and not too far behind the xp 900 rangers. Several used ones around the southeast for $9k. Sumbitches are so big, it'd be about like driving a full size rig lol.

1b08ebe52c3cc307945fd397de8be8d7.jpg

cb8dcc89814f0392a733ede0d60347e3.jpg

f528b80cfbbaa6043750d0596f8402d8.jpg

8bb52b3eb75c5f8bda9c77153c77de8a.jpg

cee35a18e7f287cd32fa1233cf474b9b.jpg

I'm trying to get my dad to but a Viking and sell me back (real cheap) the 700 Rhino I bought him and mom when I graduated college and got a real job.

I put a winch and 27" Duro Powergrips on the Rhino for him earlier this year. Much better for trail riding than the damn Pirelli sumthing other gawd awful tractor tires that were on it when I bought it new.

All he uses it for is running around the farm and a mile down the road to my grandma's farm... Then about once a year I'll get it, do some maintenance, and take it on a trail ride and beat the snot out of it :****:

I think they have twisted about as much power as they can out of that 686cc fi engine. I watched a review vid on them on Youtube where they figured since Yamaha designed the engine bay so much bigger than the little single cyl 700, that they were probably working on a v twin engine to up the game in the Vikings with in the next couple years. One thing about it, for the same performance, or even a little less performance, I'd rather have a Yamaha's dependability any day over a Polaris. Yamaha now is like a closet-Honda. All their **** is like bomb proof, everybody just don't hear that as much as you do about Honda's. Plus some just don't like Yamaha's cosmetic designs.

I'm thinking hard about a Viking, it's just money, can't carry it with you.....lol. Hell, by the time my bike sells, no telling how much extra $$ I will have saved up molaugh

Re:

Parents have a viking and it's not a bad machine at all. Might be right up your alley... Comfortable and plenty of room I think. Yamaha build quality is great

Check out hotrodforums.net (sorry if I'm not suppose to mention other sites) for info on hoping up a viking or rhino for that matter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The only negative about it I can see is price. The more I think about it, the more it seems it would be worth it to my overall satisfaction to buy a Viking. They look dumb with little tires, but perfect with 30s or bigger, more proportional. Look at it beside this 800 rzr below, looks badass! I've never been a Polaris fan at all. Only reason I was looking at a Rzr is the fact there isn't much affordable competition for the Rzr in terms of performance. Now that I realize I can't fit in one due to leg room, Polaris no longer has a utv of any appeal to me. Sure the ranger xp 900's are bad, but I would rather have a Viking. Kind of Ford vs. Chevy thing.

d616f7dcf99ea4ca10ae19e92102c087.jpg

eabb5fe5e4837f486403417a713933e4.jpg

491a90e978523586733e69c02b521975.jpg

02eb981b13fb6fa0a11880ff962b810c.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dgMFLG0FwfI

I want to test drive one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

Awesome! Honda has always made badass durable trannys. The sound of it shifting gears is wicked! The back seat thing is perfect! 10" travel suzlension, Damn that's perfect all around!

Too much money for me tho lol

Too much money for me tho lol
[/quote]

My thought also for something I can't drive on the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

I'd like to see one with a custom cage. Not to crazy about that cage but I like everything else about it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk