So I'm thinking about a SxS.....

Re:

The 1k has a little more room but I dunno if it would be enough to make a diff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re: Re:

Bumpers said:
The 1k has a little more room but I dunno if it would be enough to make a diff

It wouldn't matter if it was a perfect accomodation, thems too rich for mah pockets. I had even almost settled on an 800s being sufficient due to the near $3k price difference compared to a 900, but now I thinking a Rhino will suffice and cost even less than an 800s. Sure I could go for a Ranger, but hell, an xp900 ranger is as much as the rzr. If it came down to it, I could afford a 1k rzr, I just don't want to have that kind of money in a sxs! Basically, I'm saying I am a tightwad to a certain degree lol.

Re: Re:

TacomaJD said:
It wouldn't matter if it was a perfect accomodation, thems too rich for mah pockets. I had even almost settled on an 800s being sufficient due to the near $3k price difference compared to a 900, but now I thinking a Rhino will suffice and cost even less than an 800s. Sure I could go for a Ranger, but hell, an xp900 ranger is as much as the rzr. If it came down to it, I could afford a 1k rzr, I just don't want to have that kind of money in a sxs! Basically, I'm saying I am a tightwad to a certain degree lol.

I understand. if you get a rhino get a 700 fuel injected.. also try to get a sport with the better shocks and such. the regular rhino rides like a box down stairs. with alittle work they are ok

this was my old turd
603118_10151480853358458_209632902_n.jpg

I figure I will get the cheapest, most un-used one I can find, then build it, very similar to that! What kind of shocks are those? And is that a Catvos lift? That looks badass!

Oh, and yes, 700 efi no questions asked. I don't want none of that Jon Piper carbureted junk :****: molaugh

B.DRAKE said:
Bumpers Rhino had Fabtech suspension and King Shocks if I remember correctly

So minus the power difference and higher center of gravity, that suspension had to been close to that of a Rzr S right?

Edit: Looks like the Fabtech rhino kit comes with Dirt Logic shocks and they are blue, so I assume that's what those are.

Re:

Yea it was fabtechs long travel kit with the dirt logic shocks . I built a 720 stroker with everything you can do to a rhino and it would slightly pull away from a 800. I think mine would run 65ish on the top side

Cool. Long as I got something that has ground clearance, stable, comfortable, and has a place for a cooler, I'm good to go. :drinkers: molaugh

Re:

Sooo here's an update, bike still ain't sold.....lolz.

I look at pics via google images, youtube vids, and read forum talk every single day researching sxs's. The main limiting factor here is what I'm allowing myself for budget...really don't want to spend over $8k (had rather spend less).

I've been watching a lot of vids on the Ranger 800XP and they are somewhat in my price range. That's really the only other thing that's caught my eye besides the rhino since i ain't gonna fit in a Gayzr. I would like to have one fixed up like Bradley Drakes! 'Cept I think his is a 900XP.

I'm just afraid of ending up buying a Rhino once my bike sells and hating the lack of power and overall smaller size. There's a comparison vid of a Ranger 500efi smoking the Rhino and beating it in all other aspects. Hell I may look at the 500's lol. Are the tranny/belt systems in the Rangers pretty reliable? I know Yamaha likes to brag on their CVT tranny's durability and how the belt stays engaged full time.

I'd be interested in a Viking or a Teryx 4 seater, but they too pricey for my tastebuds.

After owning a built taco, and a really built yota crawler, you are going to be disappointed trail riding in any lower priced utility sxs.

They are marginally capable on even mild crawler trails, and ride crappy, and have terrible ergonomics,

As soon as the novelty of a "little rig" sxs wears off, you'll be looking for a crawler or at least a mild built rig again. :****:

The only thing I'd even consider replacing my beater yota truggy with would be a built xp900 or 1000... And that would cost 4- 5x what my rig is worth.

Re:

Nick you never got to ride with me, I am pretty content just being out there riding with everyone. I did a lot of tough obstacles, but I'm the type to not be bothered the least bit to sit one out and just drink beer while everyone else tries it. A lot of factors contributed with my selling of the ole red beast, the main one being the threat of losing my job at the time, but I really was getting tired of what came with the full size rig. It was a bitch for me to get in and out of, hated ****ing with them heavy ass 10 gal propane bottles every two rides, hated working on it, hated how shitty it turned in the woods, it was a motherfucker on tight trails, and hated how I did not have the fab tools/skills to change stuff on it that I wanted changed.

I'm 95% sure I will be pretty content just tagging along with a cooler full of booze, bullshitting with everyone, and just enjoying being in the woods. The ergonomics, of say, a Ranger 800xp, would be thoroughly enjoyed.

There's no stopping point with full size rigs (to me), whereas a lift and some tires on a utv will be more than plenty, then just drive the **** out of it.

true, I guess I forgot you didn't build the rigs you had (give a different perspective, and a different mentality to trail riding, for me anyway on the rigs I bought vs built ).

I would hate propane too.

Not having tools and such would change my perspective a lot also. Hell I have enough invested in tools that I could have a nice sxs, and those tools are mainly for building/maintaining a hobby... Kinda dumb priorities if ya think about it lol.

Hell I hope you are happy with a sxs! .... I wish I could be. I'd sell the tow rig, 34' trailer, and my tube bender tomorrow!

I've looked real hard at the new RZR S 900 and several used XP900 but I just can't convince myself that it would keep me content.

Re:

I continue to buy tools when I run into simething I really need (if affordable), but I still don't have all the main **** like big air compressor, welder, and several air tools. Really all I would need to learn is welding, and I've always been good with my hands so i don't figure it would be a problem. But for being back in school, and working toward being debt free so I can build/buy a new house and rent mine out, I just want something low maintenance to booze cruise with my wheeling buddies on occasions. I just know that a full size rig is not a good financial move in my plans for now.

I rode in an XP 1000 and was amazed at how supple the ride was. I'm not a fan of high speed stuff, but was really shocked by the ability to soak up the stuff that would jar my teeth out in the Jeep.

Re:

I was bummed that there ain't enough floorboard room in a Gayzr for mah gimp leg. Perfect for what I want to do. I've only rode in an 800s before, but by watching videos, them 1k's suspension is dialed in like a mofo from the factory! They straight up work!