• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So, when did the nut swinging begin?

CHASMAN9 said:
The last year they ran it, they changed the course to go side to side back and forth and that cut all the speed out.
We talked about renting the park and running it again once a year, but have side by side courses and open it up for a straight up the gut, all out, make it to the top however you can race. Then swap lanes and do it again. JUST two marked lanes, two buggies, hauling ass up the hill. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT HAPPEN THERE.

A few guys on here have an inside line on that land. That is actual rock racing not dirt hill racing. Beautiful area. Land owner was a nice guy the few times I met him.

The bug mashing phrase started on pirate, with tc and fat girl, I think it was on the thread about Los primos when he come out the side and almost hit a guy holding his daughter.

kmcminn said:
I agree the old King of the Hill were great. Remember some guy in a Rockwell buggy giving it hell with a flat. I had seen him at Grayrock he never let out. Then JAB getting dqed for going out of course.

That black buggy was brandon reed in one of the (if not) the 1st buggy adam woodlee built. His dad clate drove the chrome buggy.

I think Dan dribble started making it popular with all the videos he use to post on pirate4x4 and tennesseoffroad. But come news years day everyone would be at summertown and we would be following Cole and them around.

Great now I feel old.... dang it :****:

Lampley said:
That black buggy was brandon reed in one of the (if not) the 1st buggy adam woodlee built. His dad clate drove the chrome buggy.

I think Dan dribble started making it popular with all the videos he use to post on pirate4x4 and tennesseoffroad. But come news years day everyone would be at summertown and we would be following Cole and them around.

Great now I feel old.... dang it :****:

It was awesome. It got me hooked.

Re: Re: Re: So, when did the nut swinging begin?

xjkrawler said:
The OG days were the King of the Hill Comp every September with superman, bryan in his fj bouncer and several other guys.

Timmie and Adam driving Mikes buggy 2008 comp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrv2UueQ5s
Technically it started before 08 with Scott Schlapman taking the win in my old CJ, but that's just splitting hairs :****:

Re: Re: Re: So, when did the nut swinging begin?

Rokcrler said:
Technically it started before 08 with Scott Schlapman taking the win in my old CJ, but that's just splitting hairs :****:

Well yeah I know with old timers like you around you can remember it all the way back to when it was cone dodging on that hill :flipper:

I will say that hill made for some awesome rock racing! I agree that it should be brought back!

Dibble was a few years before 08 plus most of the stuff he posted was like this. Soooo he pretty much wins.

Q

nhl_bullitt said:
Odd location for the rig to be parked? Hanging over the corner of a pool. :dunno:
Wierd.....hell i Didn't even see the pool in the pick.
:rolf:
Guess we were looking at different things when we looked at the pick....

Frankie Fountain. Anybody got a location on him? Heard some demons got ahold of him for a while. :dunno:

yep dibble was awesome. Always was one of my favorite rigs. still remember running up on it at morris mountain and it wasn't him drving. He had just sold it and guy that bought it was a dumbass

SHELBS44 said:
yep dibble was awesome. Always was one of my favorite rigs. still remember running up on it at morris mountain and it wasn't him drving. He had just sold it and guy that bought it was a dumbass
Happens all the time! Sometimes it's just the driver!

yep. he couldn't get it up loop springs. blew 2 tires trying to. and was bitching saying these tires are crap super swamper gonna give me 2 more these are brand new!

al1tonyota said:
Happens all the time! Sometimes it's just the driver!

I believe Steven Oneal bought it from him and I don't think I would classify him in that category, maybe a drunken moment in time as myself, Mike G, and Stevens brother did some late night testing of this beast. This was the time that the buggy rolled on top of the red tj on Los Primos and all hell broke loose. He's a great guy for sure. :dblthumb:

might have been it was along time ago 05 I think. And if that is who owned it my bad. love the buggy regardless

SHELBS44 said:
might have been it was along time ago 05 I think. And if that is who owned it my bad. love the buggy regardless

Man, no apologies needed... Drunk is drunk, **** happens and yes those tires were junk under that HEAVY ASS buggy (I think it weighed in fatter that a camel jockeys step sister at Golden Corral). He blew one out getting off the trailer. I laugh about it every time we go to mm as Steven's brother fell out of the back of the Rhino and knocked over somebody's grill putting their chicken on the dirt! That is what makes old times, GREAT. No harm, no foul. Aint the first time and won't be the last. Just hope he/ we didn't piss to many others off. molaugh :dblthumb: