• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So, when did the nut swinging begin?

Damn I loved that fj buggy :****: still remember first time I saw it. And fat girl. Morris mountain like 05ish Tim had just got done with fat girl they came up copperhead and he had a fuel leak. They used the fj to winch tc'a buggy on its side so they didn't have to crawl under it and fixed it. Bad as hell back then never would have thought of that. And remember tc climbing lunch line on bents and dents in fat girl. I was driving a 83 Chevy cab truck on tons and 39.5 boggers

I can remember almost all of this like yesterday every time I went to WITC I would follow the( atena buggy's ) back then I only had a 4-wheeler but I was amazed at what Buggys would climb . I started going to the king of the hill I talked to a few of the guys racing back then and thought I had to get me one (bad decision) but here I am now there has been a lot of changes for sure

BEATIN35S said:
Hannah brothers
Yeah that is them charles, and hard head
grew up with them, but Chris Chapman and snowman (Joey garland) are the orginal cab truck guys from summertown. Chris drove the old orange cab truck and snowman drove the black one with a dale eranhart sticker on the back glass. And snowman had a set of 42 inch Biggers that were slicker than owl snot. You could see the threads in the tires. But he could climb any thing in that truck.

I Remember showing up at summertown, with those guys. And people would see us in the parking lot and they would start gathering around waiting for us to hit the trail. Cause they knew we didn't give a damn about breaking something and we were going to give those trucks hell. That was around '02. Back then even Cole and Daryl, would hunt us up in the parks when they got there.

The last king of the hill races, my wife got nailed in the arm by a flying Boulder, still don't know how it didn't break it, swole up huge immediately, and my son ended up with poison ivy all over him, it was all on his face and eyes and all .

What got me into it was going to new years rides at the "hippy farm" in summer town back around 1999 or maybe before. One of the coolest rigs was the yellow cab truck s-10 with chrome stacks and 44 boggers. Good times had on those PowerLine

Wasn't a few years later that witc opened.

Lampley said:
Yeah that is them charles, and hard head
grew up with them, but Chris Chapman and snowman (Joey garland) are the orginal cab truck guys from summertown. Chris drove the old orange cab truck and snowman drove the black one with a dale eranhart sticker on the back glass. And snowman had a set of 42 inch Biggers that were slicker than owl snot. You could see the threads in the tires. But he could climb any thing in that truck.

I Remember showing up at summertown, with those guys. And people would see us in the parking lot and they would start gathering around waiting for us to hit the trail. Cause they knew we didn't give a damn about breaking something and we were going to give those trucks hell. That was around '02. Back then even Cole and Daryl, would hunt us up in the parks when they got there.

Hard Head, that right...

Belive he was the older of the 2. I always enjoyed being around that guy, he didn't give a damn.....

jrhall said:
Old times... :woody:

May be a little different crowd these days but still good time :drinkers:

You just need to throw some junk together and ride

My smith buggy was the first chassis jimmy sold for profit , tanners had ol black and orange ,and there was a few other " Aetna" buggies , cole has some old videos of the aetna boys ... Big power and open headers in 2006-2007... Infant stage at that point , Cole had fireball, TC had a pink single seater and a wrangler ... Dan dibble... I love watching those old videos ... I remember watching them and thinkin how I wanted wes kean or nathan lamberts buggy in the worst way... Oddly enough I ended up buying nathan lamberts OG smith chassis years later ... It's still rocking out !

First time I saw Aetna Buggies was at GR in 06. We went down to Fall for All. We took my buddys' 2 buggies we had just finished and met a lot of fun people. Sunday when it was about time to leave I walked over to the top of HP hill after a huge rain and saw a couple Aetna buggies walk up it and was in awe. What had we just spent a year of midnights building that wouldn't have a chance of climbing that haha. That Saturday night Paul, Miles, Bones, Ben, Haley, Mason and Myself had barbie jeep races down the Bunny Slopes. I still have that video, great times.
Either that year or the next year I took my blacksheep to MM, Patooyee was there, as was TC and his whole crew. Had a good day. Patooyee got all fawked up on Loop springs and ended up in teh trees, might have torn a steering line? TC struggled on it as well. Cole and I both shot right up it with a big bounce, good time on Primos and on and on. The first 2 RBD's were a blast as well. Still private, all night parties, Fittys, argo, air cannons and on.
Sucks being from Kansas sometimes.

Favorite old school bouncer is hands down Adam Woodlees old orange jeep. Never forget him beatin it on Cable Hill and usin nitrous. First time I'd ever seen a jeep/buggy on nitrous and he was just holdin it to the floor. First time I saw headers cherry red on a hill too. Man Gray Rock was awesome 10-12 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

al1tonyota said:
Any of yall O'gees know who had the Avalanche fab buggy back in the early greyrock days? Chickenfarmer or something like that?

It belonged to Chickenfarmer on here's friend Travis Mill's. He bought it from someone in Chattanooga. He kept some stuff and sold the rest of it awhile back now and built a Jimmy Smith buggy.

Cole said:
New Years Summertown 2007, I didn't know who any of these guys were back then.
Summertown

This was one of the craziest things I had seen at the time. After TC ripped the wheel off he loaded it on the trailer and drove back to TN and picked up the single seat pink buggy and drove back and we wheeled on Sunday in the rain.
That Just happened Part 2 Insane Breakage, Tim Cameron destroying a Rockwell

Haha I was there for that one and my dad bought two of the buggys/jeeps on there! That was brad w in the silver buggy right?

al1tonyota said:
Haha I was there for that one and my dad bought two of the buggys/jeeps on there! That was brad w in the silver buggy right?

yeah that was him