• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Some wheelin' down underrrr

Hope y'all don't mind me sharing stuff from down under :dblthumb:

I can't always help with tech, but I can share what we do down here! haha :cougar:

Man that was a great video and the rigs were the flashemifyougotem I see the maxxis treps are holding there own there also :dblthumb:

jp fan said:
Man that was a great video and the rigs were the flashemifyougotem I see the maxxis treps are holding there own there also :dblthumb:

Thanks man, I have Reds on mine and love them.
Treps are super easy and cheap to get here, krawlers on the other hard are as rare as rocking horse ****, and if you can find them $$$$$$$$ :dunno:

Here's a photo of me trying to climb a at that stage, un driveable climb. I lost a heap of auto fluid and was loosing drive up the big angle and couldnt get drive when i needed it haha.
But the red tube buggy in the video climbed it and gained naming rights, 'Bacon'. And the green LJ suzuki in that video climbed the left line and thats called 'Eggs'. haha, 'Whose up for bacon and eggs???' :dblthumb:

I kept finding myself wondering where the driver was everytime a buggy came up an obstacle. Lmao. Shifting with your left hand's gotta be weird. :driving:

Ethann said:
:p the red toyota mini truck is still diesel!

Australia :dblthumb:
Lol! I got that part... But where in Australia? That's a freakin huge country... Something like 3 million square miles! About as big as the United States.

Sent from my cellular device.

TN12Valve said:
Lol! I got that part... But where in Australia? That's a freakin huge country... Something like 3 million square miles! About as big as the United States.

Oh :p Near Newcastle, New South Whales.

Awesome...great to see all the samurai based rigs getting punished. I'd like to see the specs on several of the rigs in that video. How are the guys running the 40" Treps on the Yota axles liking them...killing parts or are things working out for them?

These all have Suzuki 1.6/auto/6.5 sammy cases, with mini truck steer diffs front and rear. Chromo cvs and axles, drive flanges etc.
The white one has 37 treps, the green and red 40s, the red one broke the drive flange bolts on the front (australian) drivers, but I don't think they were upgraded ones.

The white one bound the rear drivers up crazy and drove out of it, I was cringing waiting for something to pop.
Green one held up fine, Previously only issues have been a broken ring (not a nitro i don't think).

They do hold up fairly well with minimal issues, but our rocks generally have a lot of grip so we don't have to throw stuff up climbs and can keep it fairly controlled.

There was another sammy based rig down here with a 3800 GM v6 that had alot of luck with his mini truck steer diffs but has since upgraded to fj80/9.5 hybrid axles.

Some have broken them, but they do have good success with good driving.

Great answer...thanks for that. It's incredibly obvious that those rocks have really good traction when watching them work the rear steer and seeing how very little input is needed to continue forward.

Are there build threads on these rigs somewhere? I'd actually like to see one on that Sammy rig with the 3800....and the blue one from the video.

To be honest, I was hoping for some specs/build threads as well. I've got a little money in my 1.3 on Scout 44s and popped both Alloy USA outers last trip. Granted I went from iroks to reds. Not sure if the outers were just getting old, or if stickies are too much for the 44s. I'd really like to go fj80s f/r, but was curious what they ran.

Awesome wheeling, beyond jealous of the terrain.