• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SOMEONE STOLE MY SWAMPERS !!!!!!!!!!

TacomaJD said:
If you just paid $600 for some wheels/tires, would you willingly eat the $$ you have invested and hand them over to somebody that you don't know that's saying they were stolen from him? There's two sides to this story, gotta understand both.

To start with, this was unfortunate for Tyler...now it's unfortunate for Rocket City Offroad also, as they have cash invested in stolen property.

I think that the fact they said you can buy your tires, that you have already paid for once, just like everyone else is SORRY as hell! I would expect it out a individual but a business.....damn RCOR

B.DRAKE said:
I think that the fact they said you can buy your tires, that you have already paid for once, just like everyone else is SORRY as hell! I would expect it out a individual but a business.....damn RCOR

That's also what bothered me hearing it. You just wouldn't expect that out of a shop. I'm not saying for them to hand them over no questions asked, but to say "you can buy them just like anybody else" isn't right.

ibrokeit said:
That's also what bothered me hearing it. You just wouldn't expect that out of a shop. I'm not saying for them to hand them over no questions asked, but to say "you can buy them just like anybody else" isn't right.

XACTLY what I'm sayin! Maybe if they kept with a forum that is local and from the Southeast they would have known they were HOT :****:

B.DRAKE said:
XACTLY what I'm sayin! Maybe if they kept with a forum that is local and from the Southeast they would have known they were HOT :****:

They may have bought them before today, but somebody mentioned $600, which would be pretty obvious.

**** that! id beat the hell out of who ever told me i had to BUY MY wheels and tires back!! :mad:

Re: Re: Re: SOMEONE STOLE MY SWAMPERS !!!!!!!!!!

B.DRAKE said:

They've had them over 2 weeks...now look when this thread was started. Those guys are on here pretty regularly, mainly classifieds...they just don't post much.

Here's the deal before all of you turn this into a **** storm that ends up pointing fingers at good people. There's alot more to this than what little info this thread contains. I've spoke to both parties more than once on the phone and I see nothing wrong whatsoever with how the guys at RCO have handled this. I would have most likely handled it the same way myself if I have never met Tyler or even knew who he was on this site. Some stranger comes up sayin hey those are my tires...it's a tough pill to swallow losing money on what you thought was a legit deal.

Please don't create some sort of hate mafia toward anyone unless you yourself know that person and the fine details. There's alot of questions and **** that I don't know, and frankly don't care to know. Tyler, RCO, and the "theif" are the only ones that know what's really going on, so let them handle it. I'm just glad the ball is rolling, spurring from the pictures I shared on Facebook. Do not form a mountain out of a mole hill only based off of what is in this thread. Just stay tuned for more details as it unfolds if anyone feels the need to share them if you feel the need to follow up on this unfortunate event. As far as I'm concerned, both parties are good people from what I know and the time I've spent around both of them on the trails. I just hope everything gets worked out one way or the other.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Re: Re: Re: SOMEONE STOLE MY SWAMPERS !!!!!!!!!!

B.DRAKE said:

And I think they actually have their own forum as well as frequenting this forum.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

This is Frankie.... I want to clarify some things...I work at Rocket City Off Road, I'm the one who contacted Josh (TacomaJD) about having the tires after I saw his post on Facebook yesterday morning for him to get in touch with his friend (Tyler) .....The tires came to us about two and a half weeks ago in the bed of a red pick-up, the guy came in and asked if we bought used mud tires....he was directed to us by a used tire store here in Huntsville...... I went out and looked to see what he had..the story he gave is that his boss (an old farmer) bid on them and won them at a storage building auction and didn't have any use for them....he was asking $1100.00 for them, I told him that we couldn't give that for them.... seeing that if we had them on the floor they would bring about $800.00 due to being about 40% tread(before they were grooved) and having spots grooved to the cords.and they were all flat..then, he told me that they had no use for them and had stopped at a lot of tire stores before getting to us.... and was ready to head back home..he then offered them for $800.00 said I couldn't give that cause that is what we would ask for them...but I'd go in and the shop owner what he was willing to put in them.....so I went inside and told Danny ( the shop owner) about the tires, he went out looked at them and gave the guy $600.00.......

The tires were in the show room for sale for $800.00 many lookers but no takers...(good thing now)

so fast forward to yesterday....

I contacted TacomaJD after seeing the pics on Facebook...told him what we had in them and if Tyler wanted to come get them without any documentation of ownership we would let him have them for what we had in them, or to bring the police report and the authorities and if everything checked out the tires would be given back to him after the proper paper trail was issued.....

Tyler came into the shop around lunch...and after we talked and we decided the best thing to do was to get the police involved to at least have a report...... in case the thief was ever caught ....

The police came they checked out his police report from his local police ...they put in a call to the investigator..after Tyler answering some questions from police on site......the investigator instructed the police on site that there were two choices and they were for Tyler to decide....(1) pay RCO $600.00 and let it go through the court system and if everything was legit RCO would be required to pay the $600.00 back to him.......or (2) The Police would take them into evidence until the out come of the investigation....

I feel the investigators main concern was the police report wasn't made at the moment Tyler found they were missing from his storage unit....and Tyler telling them there appeared to be no forced entry.....

So in the end when everything checks out.....Tyler would have either gotten his tires back after the investigation or if he paid RCO he would have gotten his tires that day and got his money back after the investigation...

Also we get deals all the time...this is the first one in the last two years that has turned out as being "stolen".....when people don't have use for something they tend to sell at give away prices to the first person that show $$$.....

BTW ...Tyler it was nice meeting you....just wish it would have been under different circumstances.....

Also we at Rocket City also feel that ...us losing $600.00 ...... to get somebody their property back ... is a small price for the off road community.....

also I frequent this forum a lot, usually the for sale stuff / tech fab and rides/ events.

Hope this clarifies things..

scottlang said:
maybe the dickheads will think Gadsden is far enough way and bring by our shop to try and sell to us.

Scott....they came north....They thought Huntsville was far enough away....

Re: Re: SOMEONE STOLE MY SWAMPERS !!!!!!!!!!

Frankie that makes perfect sense. I think it was handled correctly. Definitely a shitty situation. But, considering the circumstances, done right. Glad he didn't lose out on them completely. That is, unless they sit out and rot over the length of the investigation. Hopefully the 5-0 have enough sense to store them inside.

The Luke said:
Frankie that makes perfect sense. I think it was handled correctly. Definitely a shitty situation. But, considering the circumstances, done right. Glad he didn't lose out on them completely. That is, unless they sit out and rot over the length of the investigation. Hopefully the 5-0 have enough sense to store them inside.

Ha. That's funny. I'd bet the $600 that they lay them outside, and hell, probably go missing before Tyler ever gets them

TBItoy said:
Ha. That's funny. I'd bet the $600 that they lay them outside, and hell, probably go missing before Tyler ever gets them
Probly be swapped off for meth.... haha but hope not

If you don't stay on top of it the police will sell at auction. It happened to me with a stereo stolen out of my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sushi1234 said:
This is Frankie.... I want to clarify some things...I work at Rocket City Off Road, I'm the one who contacted Josh (TacomaJD) about having the tires after I saw his post on Facebook yesterday morning for him to get in touch with his friend (Tyler) .....The tires came to us about two and a half weeks ago in the bed of a red pick-up, the guy came in and asked if we bought used mud tires....he was directed to us by a used tire store here in Huntsville...... I went out and looked to see what he had..the story he gave is that his boss (an old farmer) bid on them and won them at a storage building auction and didn't have any use for them....he was asking $1100.00 for them, I told him that we couldn't give that for them.... seeing that if we had them on the floor they would bring about $800.00 due to being about 40% tread(before they were grooved) and having spots grooved to the cords.and they were all flat..then, he told me that they had no use for them and had stopped at a lot of tire stores before getting to us.... and was ready to head back home..he then offered them for $800.00 said I couldn't give that cause that is what we would ask for them...but I'd go in and the shop owner what he was willing to put in them.....so I went inside and told Danny ( the shop owner) about the tires, he went out looked at them and gave the guy $600.00.......

The tires were in the show room for sale for $800.00 many lookers but no takers...(good thing now)

so fast forward to yesterday....

I contacted TacomaJD after seeing the pics on Facebook...told him what we had in them and if Tyler wanted to come get them without any documentation of ownership we would let him have them for what we had in them, or to bring the police report and the authorities and if everything checked out the tires would be given back to him after the proper paper trail was issued.....

Tyler came into the shop around lunch...and after we talked and we decided the best thing to do was to get the police involved to at least have a report...... in case the thief was ever caught ....

The police came they checked out his police report from his local police ...they put in a call to the investigator..after Tyler answering some questions from police on site......the investigator instructed the police on site that there were two choices and they were for Tyler to decide....(1) pay RCO $600.00 and let it go through the court system and if everything was legit RCO would be required to pay the $600.00 back to him.......or (2) The Police would take them into evidence until the out come of the investigation....

I feel the investigators main concern was the police report wasn't made at the moment Tyler found they were missing from his storage unit....and Tyler telling them there appeared to be no forced entry.....

So in the end when everything checks out.....Tyler would have either gotten his tires back after the investigation or if he paid RCO he would have gotten his tires that day and got his money back after the investigation...

Also we get deals all the time...this is the first one in the last two years that has turned out as being "stolen".....when people don't have use for something they tend to sell at give away prices to the first person that show $$$.....

BTW ...Tyler it was nice meeting you....just wish it would have been under different circumstances.....

Also we at Rocket City also feel that ...us losing $600.00 ...... to get somebody their property back ... is a small price for the off road community.....

also I frequent this forum a lot, usually the for sale stuff / tech fab and rides/ events.

Hope this clarifies things..

Both mine and my wife's laptops are broken so I've been having to

I really hope the investigation goes fast...for Tyler's sake....I really hope HPD takes care of the wheels and tires so he gets them back in the same condition....

Really, I see the positive side of this...yes things can happen, but Tyler now knows where the are and they are no longer lost.....He just has to wait out the system....I hate it for him, but if all checks out he will get his stuff back.....and hopefully the person whom brought them to us gets what he deserves....now or later...I feel what comes around goes around....so eventually they will have there day......

Sorry about the post above, I really cannot type on this freakin' tablet! ^^^^^^^^^^^ that statement above I believe is a accurate description of how things went down @ RCOR. Both leading up to yesturday and the events with the PD.

Also, I'd put $5 off my personal money on the fact that my tires would be ruined by the time I get them back... if I wasn't so cheap that is

Also Frankie, before grooving the tires were: 55%, 60%, 75%, and 80% . Anyone who really knows me will tell you I'm tire obsessed. Ply ratings, weight, tread depth, etc. Hell, I groove tires in our kitchen.... monthly... I've even grooved my wife's Equinox tires to the cords :****:

Will all this being said, I've got to get something off my chest. I am about fed up with how everyone is casting a shadow of doubt in my direction! The cops accused me of being in on it :wtflol: if I was in on it I don't think I would have waited 2-3 weeks to pull my scam considering they could have resold them by then. Plus I love my tires AWAY too much anyways. That is pissing me off.

The stupid text book filled up again.. stupid tablet. I only go to storage once a month and my bills are always paid. The reason I didn't file a report Wed. night when I noticed they were gone is because, in my experiance, cops only complicate matters, and I knew they'd never find them. I knew the offeoad community was my only chance.

As far as Frankie and Josh putting things like "stolen" and "thief" that Imo is calling me a liar and that is the ultimate disrespect. I like to think that I'm an extremely nice guy who can let a lot of things slide, but that is COMPLETELY unnecessary. We have to trust each other for our sport and passion to survive. Y'all can have doubts if you want, but please stop that " " ****. If anyone has anything to say on hardline just say it. That's what makes our forum great