• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SOMEONE STOLE MY SWAMPERS !!!!!!!!!!

muddinmetal said:
The stupid text book filled up again.. stupid tablet. I only go to storage once a month and my bills are always paid. The reason I didn't file a report Wed. night when I noticed they were gone is because, in my experiance, cops only complicate matters, and I knew they'd never find them. I knew the offeoad community was my only chance.

As far as Frankie and Josh putting things like "stolen" and "thief" that Imo is calling me a liar and that is the ultimate disrespect. I like to think that I'm an extremely nice guy who can let a lot of things slide, but that is COMPLETELY unnecessary. We have to trust each other for our sport and passion to survive. Y'all can have doubts if you want, but please stop that " " ****. If anyone has anything to say on hardline just say it. That's what makes our forum great

Nothing meant by that..not calling or accusing anything..seem likea great guy

RHINO660 said:
If you don't stay on top of it the police will sell at auction. It happened to me with a stereo stolen out of my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This, stay on them my cousin had a gun almost sold at action by the local pd after an investigation.

As a business if you do trades with people off the backs of trucks you are assuming the risk of some of the goods being stolen. Once you buy something stolen the best possible outcome is that you never find out. Once you do find out, there is no possible positive outcome. If the cops take the tires for 7mo+ you are out $600 (Or more depending on how much you could have got for them.) for at least that long, if not longer. Even if they catch the thief, you'll never get your money back. I've had a few things stolen in the past. 99% of the time the thief is never caught. When they are they are broke and have no way to pay back. If they go to prison for that or some other charges they may have already you are 100% guaranteed never to get the money.

I think the right thing to do is for the rightful owner to pay Rocket City $300 as a fee for the cops not holding onto his tires indefinitely and for Rocket City basically being the finder. Sucks to have to buy your own tires back, but most don't get them back at all and its cheaper than new.

That way Rocket is only out $300, which is the price you pay for doing business out of the back of a truck. You win some, loose some. You have to accept that doing business that way. $300 is cheap for dealing with a thief. Consider yourself lucky you aren't out more. Everything I've ever heard about Rocket City has been good and I do not think this is necessarily a negative exposure for them.

If your main concern is justice, give it up. The cops don't give a **** and unless you literally find the thief yourself and point him out to them they will actively try to do as little as possible to help you. If the theft took place out of their jurisdiction you literally have a better chance of catching a meteor in a net and then winning the Mega Million Jackpot in the same day than them trying to help you.

If the cops already have the tires you might as well start shopping for more if you need them any time soon.

patooyee said:
As a business if you do trades with people off the backs of trucks you are assuming the risk of some of the goods being stolen. Once you buy something stolen the best possible outcome is that you never find out. Once you do find out, there is no possible positive outcome. If the cops take the tires for 7mo+ you are out $600 (Or more depending on how much you could have got for them.) for at least that long, if not longer. Even if they catch the thief, you'll never get your money back. I've had a few things stolen in the past. 99% of the time the thief is never caught. When they are they are broke and have no way to pay back. If they go to prison for that or some other charges they may have already you are 100% guaranteed never to get the money.

I think the right thing to do is for the rightful owner to pay Rocket City $300 as a fee for the cops not holding onto his tires indefinitely and for Rocket City basically being the finder. Sucks to have to buy your own tires back, but most don't get them back at all and its cheaper than new.

That way Rocket is only out $300, which is the price you pay for doing business out of the back of a truck. You win some, loose some. You have to accept that doing business that way. $300 is cheap for dealing with a thief. Consider yourself lucky you aren't out more. Everything I've ever heard about Rocket City has been good and I do not think this is necessarily a negative exposure for them.

If your main concern is justice, give it up. The cops don't give a **** and unless you literally find the thief yourself and point him out to them they will actively try to do as little as possible to help you. If the theft took place out of their jurisdiction you literally have a better chance of catching a meteor in a net and then winning the Mega Million Jackpot in the same day than them trying to help you.

If the cops already have the tires you might as well start shopping for more if you need them any time soon.

What you said about the $300 was offered to Tyler with everyone including the police present.....Tyler didn't accept the offer

ibrokeit said:
X2.....

Rcor had to give up the tires anyways. Why not just give em back to the rightful owner?

It's the paper trail.....if the theif is ever caught...we might be able to recoup what we had invested.....

If they were given back without a report .....there wouldn't be an investigation.....

sushi1234 said:
It's the paper trail.....if the theif is ever caught...we might be able to recoup what we had invested.....

If they were given back without a report .....there wouldn't be an investigation.....

Well....someone is gonna be out money either way guess it should be the rightful owner of the tires ::)

I hate to see anybody be out money because a thief though! Damn a thief!

I think any shop should document info from the seller of any used parts because of deals like this. Something to think about in the future...

I've done business with rcof over the years ( although they didn't know who I was) never aney bad dan allways tell u how it is :dblthumb: if the thrives took them to several different tire stors an had to be refured to them then that means that there not wheelers . Their is a real good chance they will try to sell dan some more an he can bust their ass .I can't tell u how maney sets I've bought over the years .but we don't need to run them in the ground their good people in my book .if Tyler needs some tires in the mean time I've got a couple of sets he can borrow .....hell I never get to go wheel ....so the point is for a while if u have some parts to sell borrow a blue truck to deliver them

Re: Re: Re: SOMEONE STOLE MY SWAMPERS !!!!!!!!!!

muddinmetal said:
The stupid text book filled up again.. stupid tablet. I only go to storage once a month and my bills are always paid. The reason I didn't file a report Wed. night when I noticed they were gone is because, in my experiance, cops only complicate matters, and I knew they'd never find them. I knew the offeoad community was my only chance.

As far as Frankie and Josh putting things like "stolen" and "thief" that Imo is calling me a liar and that is the ultimate disrespect. I like to think that I'm an extremely nice guy who can let a lot of things slide, but that is COMPLETELY unnecessary. We have to trust each other for our sport and passion to survive. Y'all can have doubts if you want, but please stop that " " ****. If anyone has anything to say on hardline just say it. That's what makes our forum great

I would hope that you know me better than to think after sticking my neck out with communication here helping with this when I could have done absolutely nothing, that I wasn't casting the first shadow toward anything your way. The quote/un-quote thing was just something I incorporated bc there is a boss and his worker that we know for now as potential theives, so " " was kinda indicating I dont know who the **** the thief is. It was more of an involuntary action than anything with great meaning, relating to casting any sort of negative **** your way. Ain't a motherfucker in this thread that knows a goddamn thing for sure what went on besides the main ones involved....even though everybody still likes to point fingers over half-ass 2nd hand info, cuz they think their opinion makes a **** in regards to the matter.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hope it works out and you get your tires back soon Tyler, despite the shitty circumstances. I would also like to extend my most sincere "**** You" to anyone that wants to poke **** at me for my actions as a middle man or whatever. People naturally tend to automatically pick a side, when in this case there is no side. Both Tyler and RCO are good ppl as far as I'm concerned. The only feasible person to point fingers at and shun would be the "thief".... Other than that, I'm bowing out.....I have nothing else to say here. It's turned from actually gettin ****ing results for once and gettin the ball rolling on getting to the bottom of a shitty situation, to ****in teenage drama and ppl having to type goddamn essays defending themselves and their actions. **** that ****.. Best of luck to everyone involved.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SOMEONE STOLE MY SWAMPERS !!!!!!!!!!

TacomaJD said:
I would hope that you know me better than to think after sticking my neck out with communication here helping with this when I could have done absolutely nothing, that I wasn't casting the first shadow toward anything your way. The quote/un-quote thing was just something I incorporated bc there is a boss and his worker that we know for now as potential theives, so " " was kinda indicating I dont know who the **** the thief is. It was more of an involuntary action than anything with great meaning, relating to casting any sort of negative **** your way. Ain't a motherfucker in this thread that knows a goddamn thing for sure what went on besides the main ones involved....even though everybody still likes to point fingers over half-ass 2nd hand info, cuz they think their opinion makes a **** in regards to the matter.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hope it works out and you get your tires back soon Tyler, despite the shitty circumstances. I would also like to extend my most sincere "**** You" to anyone that wants to poke **** at me for my actions as a middle man or whatever. People naturally tend to automatically pick a side, when in this case there is no side. Both Tyler and RCO are good ppl as far as I'm concerned. The only feasible person to point fingers at and shun would be the "thief".... Other than that, I'm bowing out.....I have nothing else to say here. It's turned from actually gettin ****ing results for once and gettin the ball rolling on getting to the bottom of a shitty situation, to ****in teenage drama and ppl having to type goddamn essays defending themselves and their actions. **** that ****.. Best of luck to everyone involved.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Your hostility is a little late. At this point the mob just wants to lynch a thief. Everyone, for the most part, thinks that although it sucks, we understand why both parties are having to do what they are doing. Ain't no thang man.

Re: Re: Re: SOMEONE STOLE MY SWAMPERS !!!!!!!!!!

85toyo said:
Would you pay for something that was already yours??

Given the available options, yes.

Situation is handled now so moot point.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What JJ said! Its just a tax, call it convenience or stupid tax. Its a tax. And now the PoPo got em, who wins??? The PD for when they sell them to help fund some dumb waste of taxpayer expenditure.
And now all you guys who are on the "same team", the good guys here are bickering. Dumbasses!

BTW, how did the thief get into a storage unit without any signs of forced entry? And why did they pick your unit out of all the possible units available? And is it some ghetto U-Store-It place that doesn't have security cameras or a gate?

I don't know the answers to the other questions but they have security cameras. They just only keep footage for 48 hours. Who checks their storage unit every 48 hours?

patooyee said:
BTW, how did the thief get into a storage unit without any signs of forced entry? And why did they pick your unit out of all the possible units available? And is it some ghetto U-Store-It place that doesn't have security cameras or a gate?

Josh, I've got NOTHING bad to say to or about you! Actually I couldn't be happier about what you and Frankie have done! I hope no one has anything negative to say about you. I was just letting you know I ain't scared to whoop your crippled ass if I have too.... I guess I'm just upset I don't have MY tires... in my mind there is NO reason for the PD to have my tires. The paper/legal trail is there and rolling either way. Why do they need my tires?

On my storage unit, there are light tool marks on the lag bolts that hold my lock onto the door, and the assembly is a little loose... but without a witness or tapes, there is no proof of anything... My local Pd has written the report up as forceable entry. But that got lost in my convo with hville Pd. I felt outnumbered and interrogated during that part of it and don't feel like I explained myself well. The ONLY time I've ever had those wheels and tires out in the open @ the unit was on April 29th when I took pictures of them (which are still on my phone). RCOF says they received them within a few days after that. I figured it had to be one of the many people at their storage building that day, but I may never know.

What is done is done. NO ONE on here is being dishonest. Now we just let the police do thing and hope for the best.