• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Spinoff: Things we hate about pop culture.

creepycrawly

There are so many terms in circulation that make my blood boil. Being an old dude on a college campus for the last couple of years has brought some new ones to my attention. Here is a list in no particular order:

Bae: seriously, you are too effing lazy to refer to your significant other by an entire pet name or moniker so you butcher the English language?

THOT: just learned this one. "That ho over there" wow.

Hater: do you really hate them? I bet you don't even know them

Salt life: really? You live 6 hours from the nearest body of salt water. You *might* go to the beach twice a year.

Drake, Costa, yeti stickers: ok we get it. You spend too much money on **** that doesn't outperform the cheaper competitors.

Rollin coal, dirty money, etc: man, lemme get some of that diesel you are pissing out the exhaust pipe.

The kardashians: what do they actually do? I mean besides half the NFL?

That's all I have for now. What drives you nuts?

The one that really makes me shake my head are these people that jack the front of their trucks up and lower the back. Someone told me what they called it and I can't remember. I remember when it was awesome to have a leveling kit on your truck, and I still like the looks of a leveled truck.

Pop music

BLM

Light Bars on during the day

"Reality" TV

The complete love, admiration, and obsession of people and things that do not matter at all by the same people who hate their own parents

It all stems from Social f'n Media ... giving a voice to the voiceless which makes them believe they are important

WHIZARD said:
The one that really makes me shake my head are these people that jack the front of their trucks up and lower the back. Someone told me what they called it and I can't remember. I remember when it was awesome to have a leveling kit on your truck, and I still like the looks of a leveled truck.

Cali lift. Cali lean, squat life. Stems from the actual prerunners that have suspension travel and actually use it. I lived in San Diego for a couple of years right before I moved back to the South. I loved seeing the Rangers and tacomas and stuff baja'ed out there...but they also throw LS motors in them and haul the mail!

muddinmetal said:
Pop music

BLM

Light Bars on during the day

"Reality" TV

The complete love, admiration, and obsession of people and things that do not matter at all by the same people who hate their own parents

It all stems from Social f'n Media ... giving a voice to the voiceless which makes them believe they are important

Bingo! Hardline is as social media as I get. Cummins forum has an option to "thank" someone for a post. I thought it was a neat concept until I realized it was being used as a "like" button instead of a thank you for posting something useful. Now it drives me nuts.

Re:

The misuse of the word "ratchet" by the darker complexion community.

I had to wonder why the word ratchet could been deemed derogatory towards someone. So unfortunately I wasted my time and data plan by googleing it.

Turns out they are meaning to say "wretched" but choose to butcher it by pronouncing it as a very useful piece in a tool set.

Uuuuggghhhhh.....such is life :(

Re: Re:

tonybolton said:
The misuse of the word "ratchet" by the darker complexion community.

I had to wonder why the word ratchet could been deemed derogatory towards someone. So unfortunately I wasted my time and data plan by googleing it.

Turns out they are meaning to say "wretched" but choose to butcher it by pronouncing it as a very useful piece in a tool set.

Uuuuggghhhhh.....such is life :(
That baffled me also.

When people use "ur". That wasn't even acceptable when we had flip phones.

Also, just because I don't agree with something doesn't make me "phobic". I'm not frightened by transvestites or gays, I just think it's disgusting. Same goes for that islamaphobe ****.

Ahh hell where should I start...

Laziness and expecting everything for nothing pretty much sums it up.

Where the hell did these pants come from with elastic waist bands and ankles?

Why is it suddenly ok to wear knee high socks with shoes...I would have gotten stoned for that when I was younger.

Under Armour...fits in the same category as Yeti

FACEBOOK...just about as bad as our current presidential situation. Useless and ruining peoples lives.

Google...although useful and one of my favorite things these days...is also leading to a dumber human of the future.

Thats all for now.

Cell phones. Convenient, I suppose. But, they have killed the English language through misuse and complete replacement by some folks. I only text a small handful of people. Usually, I try to use correct punctuation and grammar as best I know how. Texting and driving should get stiffer penalties than DUI's. Countless times a day I dodge drivers and texting. God help the one that catches me without my children in the car. They will get an earful until the cops show up.

this isn't really pop culture but i can't stand going somewhere to eat or visit or whatever and everybody is on their fawking phone ignoring everyone else. Turn the Godayum phone off when your around your family and friends!

easleycrawler said:
I hate this generation period. Especially, people between the ages of 15-25. Their lazy, and use all of the mentioned above. :gtfo:

They're.

We're the worst.

All I care about is like 4 people...my rig...and beer
I have that T-Shirt lol

I don't care whet generation you are, please learn to use sell and sale appropriately. I don't go around correcting people but I have stopped reading for sale adds before because I just didn't want to deal with someone who can't use those simple words correctly.