• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stand back

al1tonyota said:
I'm guessing r&p since it quit pulling then started back pulling intermittently ???

Same thoughts I had, several of the buggies that have had extensive changes seemed to work really well. I was disappointed that TC broke, looks like its going to be tight competition this year.

Richie broke several torq 14 bolts under plowboy 2 that's why he went to merritors or whatever they are! hoping the spindle coming off was a fluke (somebody didn't tighten the spindle bolts?) the avenger buggy has broken some torq 14's too it I recall it just has a ls3??? Tim mentioned a dana 80 size r&p but with a pinion support like a 14b but who knows? Prob never know for sure...

dwa2469 my Google works just fine I have no interest in learning anything about to touq too expensive for me
I watch the video again on lunch today the rear stop pullin and then started pulling again be interesting to see what it goes to next if it's the ring and pinion

al1tonyota said:
Richie broke several torq 14 bolts under plowboy 2 that's why he went to merritors or whatever they are! hoping the spindle coming off was a fluke (somebody didn't tighten the spindle bolts?) the avenger buggy has broken some torq 14's too it I recall it just has a ls3??? Tim mentioned a dana 80 size r&p but with a pinion support like a 14b but who knows? Prob never know for sure...

Wow, a lot of that info is just not correct. Richie was running Ouverson prototype 14 bolt dropouts which I don't even think ever made it to market. Straight from the WOD build page "This rig has the very first set of Ouverson drop out 3rd member 14 bolt axles."

Avenger buggy was running the Solid Axle 14 bolt dropouts last I looked and those things are well known for being garbage. They are no longer on the market. I think every person that ran them broke them.

The Torq Super 14 has been on the market for a long time now and is well proven. I've been running one in the rear of my buggy for years with zero failures. (http://www.torqaxle.com/products/super-14-3rd-member/)

I can't speak for what broke in TCs buggy this weekend but his axle setup is no secret. He posted that he is running the new Torq Ultra14-HP front and rear (http://www.torqaxle.com/products/ultra-14-billet-hp-3rd-member/). It is supposed to be the latest and greatest but it's new to the market and like anything new there may be bugs to work out.

Definitely curious as to what let go. It's doubtful but I kinda wonder if the break was related to him having the carrier modified and re-broached to the larger 47 spline shaft size. Most likely it was just a defect or weak spot in the ring gear that let go. I've seen 2 different rigs break new gears on their first ride out not related to setup error. Either way I'm sure Torq is hooking him up with every replacement part needed foc.

payne97 said:
dwa2469 my Google works just fine I have no interest in learning anything about to touq too expensive for me
I watch the video again on lunch today the rear stop pullin and then started pulling again be interesting to see what it goes to next if it's the ring and pinion

I did not put it up there for your benefit, folks were asking questions , I was just trying to help so :flipgotcha: :flipgotcha:

Derail---- I seen Richie had the new axles in it, did he change up the rear suspension? I've always thought the rear needed stretched out some, HE had her pinned!

redneckengineered said:
Wow, a lot of that info is just not correct. Richie was running Ouverson prototype 14 bolt dropouts which I don't even think ever made it to market. Straight from the WOD build page "This rig has the very first set of Ouverson drop out 3rd member 14 bolt axles."

Avenger buggy was running the Solid Axle 14 bolt dropouts last I looked and those things are well known for being garbage. They are no longer on the market. I think every person that ran them broke them.

The Torq Super 14 has been on the market for a long time now and is well proven. I've been running one in the rear of my buggy for years with zero failures. (http://www.torqaxle.com/products/super-14-3rd-member/)

I can't speak for what broke in TCs buggy this weekend but his axle setup is no secret. He posted that he is running the new Torq Ultra14-HP front and rear (http://www.torqaxle.com/products/ultra-14-billet-hp-3rd-member/). It is supposed to be the latest and greatest but it's new to the market and like anything new there may be bugs to work out.

Thanks for the clarification! I thought they were all from the same company! either way seems like not many of them hold up :dunno:

payne97 said:
I agree with Red those third members have been out for over a year probably n ultra 4
#BIG :eat: BLOCK
Ultra 4 is a seemingly different sport seeing as how some of those folks can get away with running a 9" r&p