• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stand back

Plow boy does not have the ouverson 14s in it anymore , he put the rockwell106 axles in it out of his mega truck, fluke that the spindle came off I agree with , likely they weren't tightend I saw him lose a wheel last year the same way. I noticed no one is talking about TC's part that broke ? Top secret must be ... I also noticed the live feed guy was saying all the Buggies have insane hp numbers ... I heard him say Goforth was running over 1000 hp and TC was running 1500 etc. i kinda chuckled ... makes for good ratings a suppose .

TC needs to post up what he had issues with on those axles for all of us that have a set on order right now! haha

But I would like to know what caused the R&P to fail on such a seemingly well engineered product, and no telling how expensive.

TC is probably scouring local hobbyist off road crawler forums or general off road Facebook pages for advice. You know......like the hardcore Ultra 4 racing people do that have isolated issues burning up U-joints. ;)

Spoke to the driver of the avenger buggy at AOP Pro Rock Race he told us he was runnning the torq 14 stuff and he was interested in how they held up under TC's buggy cause he had broke two.

idleryj46 said:
Spoke to the driver of the avenger buggy at AOP Pro Rock Race he told us he was runnning the torq 14 stuff and he was interested in how they held up under TC's buggy cause he had broke two.

I wonder if he was running the Super or Ultra 14?

From the little bit of sponsored racing I've been around , when their component fails they typically fix it for free and ask not to talk about it . Not good business to post up your broken **** that someone gave you and are standing behind . It opens the door for all the web wheelers and their brothers sisters cousins aunt that knew a neighbor who had the same exact part and it was junk .

Im betting it was the R&P or it broke the broached spool.

In my opinion GM did it with the 14 bolt, I have been running them for the past 5 years or so maybe longer I cant remember. Been with Yukon gears since I built my first set, pretty sure the only reason mine broke was lake of gear oil. Yeah Red they might be junk but work for me.

As far as the HP comments go on the live feed, most people can tell the difference. Anyone that has been around racing or engines of any sort knows what it takes to get to that number, it ain't easy or cheap.

TC has a healthy engine in his rig no doubt. 1400 HP ehhh not sure but I would say its up there, but y'all are talking about aren't you?

Bubba ran his 540 on 7 cylinders and still claimed number 1, it ain't always about the horsepower, though it does help from time to time.

We have been running Big Blocks since I could drive, hell I was conceived in a 1983 Chevy Scottsdale with a big block molaugh molaugh at least that's how the story goes, never really wanted to go into much detail.

"We have been running Big Blocks since I could drive, hell I was conceived in a 1983 Chevy Scottsdale with a big block molaugh molaugh at least that's how the story goes, never really wanted to go into much detail. "

I laughed so hard at this I about spit my drink out....BIG BLOCK FOR THE WIN! It is in yalls blood :)

And yall have it figured out to...dang nice rigs and the new tuning you guys have done looks like it worked well. Love watching yall going at it as a family, that is cool.

Any details on the rework you and your brother have done to your rigs? I may be wrong but, was it just suspension work?

Re: Re: Stand back

Hotrodpayton said:
TC needs to post up what he had issues with on those axles for all of us that have a set on order right now! haha

But I would like to know what caused the R&P to fail on such a seemingly well engineered product, and no telling how expensive.
Looks like must have been the R&P.
f7df287e6c666d656af0b8287ee025bf.jpg

Damn yeah a high pinion in the rear would be like running a low pinion 60 front with a load bolt. And that **** aint worth it. :****: