• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Starting soon, recap.

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
So they are going to increase law enforcement at Reiter. I think this is a good thing. Bout time they did something. Is is really going to happen this time? Are all the law abiding wheelers who stay on the trails and burn their campfires in drums off the ground going to lose out?

YES.

However, we CAN fight to keep things respectable at Reiter. I no longer have the time or inclination to do much of anything to promote our hobby. [Let me iterate: I'm back on Active duty and I really don't have time to spend. I really want to be involved, I just can't be] I spent the last 3 years of my life busting my ass with every user group possible and got very little done Govern-mentally. Which was just as I expected.

The problem is, there are different user groups inside the community. You can go to Reiter in your stock 4x4 land rover and have a blast, and you can go out like the local EBP and become bored.

The questions and answers I have are simple. EVERYONE bitches because we have a small few doing very little. This is true. We have a SMALL FEW working with THOSE WHO ARE THEY. While we have the MAJORITY of folks wheeling wherever. Whether hardcore EBP, or someone who just wants to dink around for the day.

THE PROBLEM IS THERE IS 98% **** TALK AND 2% Getting things done. That's how it is. Everyone has a problem and nobody has a solution.

You can talk all day in committees, groups, and forums. But who is getting things done?

Sadly, RTW is not and has not Met it's own goals. YES, they have had a few work parties in 3 years, AND have maintained good Government relations, they are also the group which maintains the cleanups. All of which are good things. But there are many **** talkers and not many doers in the group.

When it boils down to brass tax. The things that need to be done to keep everyone happy never will bel. And the arguments on an internet forum will continue.

The government doesn't give two shits about you, The Respected Wheeling Community is taken care of by the "little" folks. Kim Gunter, David Way, Elyse Fleenor, Nancy Barker, Ron Whitehall. They have zero to little say in the upper echelon of LAND USEAGE. What do they want? Hours for projects or time that you put into the area. YOU CAN'T EVEN ****ING DO THAT.

There are simple things that the DNR ASKS THE COMMUNITY FOR. And the community doesn't respond. RTW as a whole and a group BARELY meets these requests.

RTW is doing what it can. 10% of its members are 100% dedicted. The rest are WORTHLESS.

Submit a time sheet, then bitch.

THIS COMMUNITY AT REITER IS WAY MORE THAN ****ED. It's DISASTROUS. I 100% Commited my time and effort, and while I know it takes more than a little bit to convince the government that we are doing right, the only ones I know that are 100% committed are Kat and Rhonda.

Wheel Reiter while you can, Because when I get back from Deployment, it will probably be a mine/salmon hatchery.

Last edited:
I remember one time when I wrote to some folks about how the wall, BYS, and the lot were going to get shut down because of the stream crossing.

I didn't get a "oh **** no, lets do something" I got a "hey look at this dumbass, what does he know?"

Where are the orange barriers now bitches?

Nobody listens to little old KarlVP, who spent all the time making the phone calls to find out where the salmon hatchery was, and what the DNR was going to do about it. Or the erosion problem and what we could do to continue using the area as wheelers.

The important **** gets brushed off, the rest gets brushed off too because you expect your wheeling.

Another thing. "Who is doing to do something about...(insert problem here)" Has been the biggest bitch.

The VERY FEW have been the worker bees, while the rest have reaped the benefits.

You want satisfaction? Call or get involved. IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

but no, you want to go play this weekend, and don't have time to get involved.

Enjoy Tahuya.

Feel free to ask questions, because I had been very involved with the wheeling community in the PNW as a whole for the past 3 years.

Mostly the Reiter and Elbe areas, but I can account for many FS lands too.

Karl i for one very much appreciate all your hard work put into many areas we use, you have invested a huge amount of your life into this sport and bettering it for yourself and others, and what have you gotten in return? Nothing but critisiscm which is bullshit!

I wish there were more like You, Kat and Rhonda and a select few in RTW and WOW, cause if we all got on the same god damn page about stuff we would be in so much better shape but instead we fight so much amongst ourselves and just decide to go beat up the areas we use instead of putting in 8 hours once a month on a saterday to help out and keep things nice for everyone and so the hhigher ups notice that we can be responsible. But nope we just keep right along bitching about every stupid thing.

People get a god damn clue i know Karl is tired of this crap and i know many others are as well including me, so can we please pull our heads out of our butts and get **** done!

One thing with any organization in the wheeling community, you have a small support group who constantly try to do what they can and do it constantly, folks come and go. Then you have the other mass, who don't care, who are going to do what they want, and don't want to do anything about anything until its too late, except bitch--those are the facts.

As far as RTW--we have done what we can. You pretty much nailed it, yes we have not met the goals we have put forth. But what can you do when the same few folks, put forth there blood and sweat--constantly?

Very well said on your original thread post...:awesomework: And same goes for Crash, and War-ho!:redneck:...I know what it feels like, with trying to keep Walker afloat---It's alot of hard work, and sometimes, well most of the time I feel it's just in vain, but without a few dedicated folk, there would be nothing!!! And for that, I applaud all of those who put forth the effort constantly, without giving up.... Thank you Karl, Kat & Rhonda, Mike, Sam, Ann, Mark, Gary, and several others whose names either escape me at the moment for ALL your hard work and dedication!!!!:awesomework:

Last edited:
Karl
I also have appreciated your hard work and dedication to our sport. I think that there will always be a few doing most of the work. we absolutley need to get jointly orginized (all forms of motorized users) and not fight amongst ourselves. More people need to put in the time and effort so as not to wear out the few!
ed
tt#138

Karl
I also have appreciated your hard work and dedication to our sport. I think that there will always be a few doing most of the work. we absolutley need to get jointly orginized (all forms of motorized users) and not fight amongst ourselves. More people need to put in the time and effort so as not to wear out the few!
ed
tt#138

Oh yeah!!! (I knew I was forgettin some else!!!:haha:) Thank you Ed for all your hard work, and tractor wheelin abilities!!!:redneck::haha:

Some of us really don't care (maybe we should) about all the political mumbo jumbo. However (I, knowingly) this is a double edged sword you later get ****ed in the ass with.

Lose, lose situation.......

Does it count if we don't do **** AND don't bitch about it?

I just wanna wheel. And when it's gone.......well, it's not. I'm living in the moment.

(I just bought this new flame suit......fits nice.)

Do any of you support WOHVA???

I was at the last rally, and I was very impressed with some of the things that they've achieved...

WOW has become a member as an association... Every member of WOW has been incouraged to join as well...

I thank you Karl and everyone that has been putting in the hard work (even if you don't belong to a club or assoc)...

I've been very involved at Elbe for the last couple of years and have seen it becoming better for us as wheelers... I think we are fortunate to have Nancy on our side and a good group of people willing to do the work...

I like the idea of WOW working with all the different groups in our sport... I think we can make a difference, we just need to work together to get there...

Hey Mark you could donate money/supplies to the orginizations doing the work though:corn:, then you are still helping but still doing the same things you already have been by not bitching but not actually working, but yet still helping the greater good. If you get what i mean:eeek:

One more thing......

I DO NOT run off the trails. (ok, maybe a new rock line here and there)
I DO NOT litter.
I DO NOT cause problems. (e.i. - campfires, parties, dumping, etc.)

But.......

I DO NOT get involved with trail fixes and maintenance.
I DO NOT go to the clean-ups.
I DO NOT tell people to stop a minor harmfull act.

Am I or anyone like me to blame? Blame for what?

(umm, this flame suit is nice)

Hey Mark you could donate money/supplies to the orginizations doing the work though:corn:, then you are still helping but still doing the same things you already have been by not bitching but not actually working, but yet still helping the greater good. If you get what i mean:eeek:

:awesomework: