• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Steel Car Hauler trailer

Also messaged Chasman9 and am waiting to see exactly what he has.
[/quote]

I'll get some pics this weekend and send them out to you guys who pm'd me. Sorry for the delay. :dblthumb:

ldwoodruff said:
Just bought a 20 ft new one off of Craigslist for 1800 it's got a wood floor , hide away ramps, brakes, pulls pretty dam good up to 100mph :****: the guy was pretty good to deal with he goes and picks 8 at a time up in Memphis and brings them back to Knoxville , he can get bout anything you need sounds like

I'm near Memphis, any clue where he buys the trailers at??

CHASMAN9 said:

Also messaged Chasman9 and am waiting to see exactly what he has.

I'll get some pics this weekend and send them out to you guys who pm'd me. Sorry for the delay. :dblthumb:
Ok. Was going to buy one today at cotter but will hold off till I see what you have.

Ok. So I still have not decided on a trailer but have it narrowed down. Was going to get one from cotter but after sales tax it was over 2600 for a 22' with a 5" C channel frame, and 16" cross member spacing, optioned out like I wanted with extra d rings, removable fenders and a receiver tube for my winch. Which is not a bad deal but I can get one similar just across the state line without paying the

Option 2 - I can get a 22' with same options as above for 2400 but it's got a 4" C channel frame, and cross member spacing of 20". Same options as above. Its in AL so no sales tax, so it's 2400 out the door.

Option 3 - I found a trailer builder in Ardmore that will build a 22' that is 88" or 90" wide so the fenders don't have to come off, (he said it would cost a few hundred for removable fenders :dunno: ) , its 4" channel that I think he said was double plated on the tongue. His floor tie downs were a lot extra 20 each. And I didn't ask about the receiver tube for winch. I like being able to drive between the fenders.
His was 2400 out the door no tax.

So, opinions on these 3?

What do you think about 4" vs. 5" channel frame, keep in mind it's 3500# axles.

And the first trailer is the only one optioned with the 16" floor centers.

Also the last one is the only person that would build one over 82" deck width, other guys said it was not legal to go wider by time they put fenders on.
What is the legal DOT overall width?

I think 102"width is as wide as you can get dot legal. That includes tire/fender width.

Google is also saying 102".

The axles are also what I've been on the fence about, I only plan on hauling my CJ7 on tons with v8. And a 500 cc atv. I was going with a 22' over a 20 just to get the extra deck space, I would think it would be well under 7000#s total load but I may be way off. I need to weigh the jeep I guess.

The 5k axles added about 600 or more to the price.
I know everyone says to plan to haul more later on but I do have a 20+4, 14k# deck over for big loads I was just looking for a more practical trailer for what I need most of the time.

screamn56 said:
2000 seems pretty lite for a trailer of that size. My lawimore that I just sold weighed 3100

I thought the same but those specs are from a lawrimore dealer. Vvtrailers website if you want to check it out. My thinking is that with a larger trailer, you will find a way to haul more stuff. Most full size rigs with spare parts and tires are maxing out 18' trailers on 3500lb axles. Maybe I'm overthinking it. :dunno:

No ,I'm sure you're right on folks overloading. I have done it to. The 22' was around 2000lbs according to the dealer, but I imagine it is built a little lighter than some of the bigger manufacturer's.
One dealer was saying that was why he went with the 4" channel on the frame to help with the overall weight on the 3500# axles. That the 4" was fine because of the axle limit.
But again I don't know if he's legit in his reasoning or just trying to sell me a trailer.

I understand with more deck comes the urge to load more.

85toyo said:
I guess it really depends on the weight of your rig. I was checking out the specs of a similar trailer and the 18' weighs 1800, 20' weighs 1900, so figure 2000 for a 22' (they don't have one on their website).

You might have seen it but here's a thread with a bunch of weights that you could compare your rig to.
http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=38170.0

Wow. Would not have guessed some of those weights. I guess the ol heep is heavier than I thought. I would have guessed around 3000. But by looking at some of those rigs it's got to be 4000+.
Its just a gutted CJ7 tub, cage and tons. But so were a couple of those on the tread