• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Steering boxes?

Lucky Jeff

My front end needs a lot of work, never been touched. BCT is looking up prices on Dynatracs new balljoints for me. And I'm still trying to find a decent drag link/tie rod setup. But I'm having a hard time figuring out what steering box to use. I've heard a few bad things about PSC. No idea about the EGR unit. Anyone have any experiance with either of them or have any other options?

I heard from a couple guys who ran at KOH and they had a ton of problems with their PSC products... To the point that they will never run PSC again.

That's what I was afraid of. At least I didn't buy one yet. Hopefully there are other options.. $1100 for the 3rd gen box just isn't an option.

steering box

If you are not going hydro-assist then look into one from Redhead steering gear in Seattle. They have a great reputation, although I have no first hand knowledge yet (soon).

If you are not going hydro-assist then look into one from Redhead steering gear in Seattle. They have a great reputation, although I have no first hand knowledge yet (soon).

ok I will definitely look into that. Wouldn't be a bad thing to have someone local to go to. Thanks :awesomework:

ok I will definitely look into that. Wouldn't be a bad thing to have someone local to go to. Thanks :awesomework:

Since this is for your pick-up can you run hydro assist on the street? is it legal?