• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Miniature Jump Boxes

L

lowbudgetjunk

Why doesn't everyone own one? Bought two and can't think of a handier, more compact tool. Charge a phone, jump start a car and a led light too. TBItoy had one and I said I would get one and that's been months ago. Finally jumped on the bandwagon and could not be happier. No more lugging my jump box or wheeled cart just to get something from one side of the yard to the other. And to be able to jump a crawler off without having to be side by side for cables to reach. That's got to be worth it the first time that happens.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    477.3 KB · Views: 224
I agree. I got made fun of the first time I brought one on a wheeling trip. That all ended on Tee Pee when someone needed a jump in a spot that would be really tough to get another rig close enough.

little thing jumped off Godzilla after it'd been sitting for 3-4 years. No sweat. laughing1

I was telling Kel, I don't even have a battery on my lawnmower. I just jump it off with a micro box...

I seen a infomercial on these and guy jump started a whole line of vehicles without batteries in em and thought what a joke, maybe these are legit, any links to a decent unit ? I'd like to get one for both my kids cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Miniature Jump Boxes

Zjman said:
I seen a infomercial on these and guy jump started a whole line of vehicles without batteries in em and thought what a joke, maybe these are legit, any links to a decent unit ? I'd like to get one for both my kids cars

I believe Jeff has one you could see work in person.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Zjman said:

They definitely work, ive had one for over 2 years now and use it daily at an auto shop and on wheeling trips. Just don't crank on one for an extended time or you will melt the small cables they come with. They are made to jump-start only, not diagnose a running problem.

I have a few of these, and they all work well.

Like a previous poster mentioned, do not crank on something with them for an extended period. I had one swell up and almost blow apart while trying to start a small tractor. It blew the top cover completely off of it when it expanded.

Re:

Bought dad one for Christmas one year, to keep in his truck. Needed to jumped my moms car off. I asked where it was at, he went inside to get it.
I lol and was like you think it's a joke. He said yes i do, after seen it actually work. It stays in hus truck now.
Like others say don't leave keep cranking and after it starts don't leave it hooked up. Will melt the cables.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

poolman said:
Wow, in 10 years we can jump our junk from our phone. :****:
In all seriousness, yes. It is 3/4 inch shorter and just over 2x as thick as my phone. Way less space than jumper cables, though I usually have those on me as well.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

I've been skeptical of these things. Will it start a v8 truck with a completely dead battery? I have some vehicles that sit for long periods and that would be handy

This is the one I seen on tv, it's a short clip of actual infomercial, these are 40 bucks on eBay, anybody have one of these https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz4r0IdEjwI

rednecklights said:
They are avail pretty cheap in bulk if someone was willing to put together a group buy...
When you organize it, I'm in for some