• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

steering pumps

is the pump going to be used in a hydro assist or full hydo set up? Dodge saginaw pumps are a little high pressure stock..... I'd say just do a reman and then mod the pump. You can also fab a bracket and run a saginaw pump on the toy as well...... Had Crash make a mount to run a saginaw pump on my 22re

i got a re-man from napa..modded it and its been good for a few years now....my luck with high mileage pumps wasnt good...i went thru several seemingly okay pumps after i modded them....same with steering boxes...moddin the pump on an old box will cause a leak out the sector shaft in no time...so only modd the pump as much as u need...sneak up on it and dont do too much the first time...otherwise it will just blow all the seals right out of the steering box....ask me how i know:eeek:

is the pump going to be used in a hydro assist or full hydo set up? Dodge saginaw pumps are a little high pressure stock..... I'd say just do a reman and then mod the pump. You can also fab a bracket and run a saginaw pump on the toy as well...... Had Crash make a mount to run a saginaw pump on my 22re

the toy is full hydro and the chev might get h.a. eventually.

Just helped a friend replace a pump on a 79 C-30 cab/chassis chev. Napa said there is a diffrent pump for the hydroboost brake system on 1 ton cab/chassis trucks. I wonder how the pumps differ between hydroboost brake system and vacume assist brake systems? Volume, Pressure?