• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ductless home AC/heat pumps??

84mallcrawl

Looking for experiences and recommendations. I'm trying to cool/ heat a 14 by 48 single wide in south Alabama that is in full sun. there seems to be several companies that manufacture units, is there any that are better than others, any to stay away from? Also what is a good size?

For what you're asking a ductless would work but you will have to have one in each room you wanted conditioned. Your better off by putting in a duct system and a package heat pump. And your square footage is 672 but you would end up with a 2ton unit which sounds overkill but in full sun and a trailor you'll need it

there is an existing unit that does ac( not strong enough) only. it is the outside self contained style. connected to the trailer by flex ducting

Just had a Lennox mini split installed in our temporary living quarters, (about 525 square feet, 3 rooms plus bath), and am not overly impressed. Unit is in living room and its almost like there's a friggin invisible barrier to the other two rooms. Thinking should have dropped the extra coin and done a conventional system. Hope I just didn't waste $2700.. :****:

Any ductless system should be looked at as a window unit. Add fans to get anything out of it, or just buy a window unit per room.

Re: Re: Ductless home AC/heat pumps??

johneddie said:
Just had a Lennox mini split installed in our temporary living quarters, (about 525 square feet, 3 rooms plus bath), and am not overly impressed. Unit is in living room and its almost like there's a friggin invisible barrier to the other two rooms. Thinking should have dropped the extra coin and done a conventional system. Hope I just didn't waste $2700.. :****:
Did the salesman tell you one unit would work, for the entire place even though it's cut up?

Buddy of mine is talking me into a mitsubishi unit. He says i will need one unit per room.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mitsubishi will be the most expensive you can get. I'd look into an LG system. I've sold a lot of them. Fair price and good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Ductless home AC/heat pumps??

ROKTOY829 said:
Did the salesman tell you one unit would work, for the entire place even though it's cut up?

Buddy of mine is talking me into a mitsubishi unit. He says i will need one unit per room.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Initially he said two units,...I didn't wanna spend that much as this is temporary while we build our new house. He said he talked to someone else and said one unit "should" be sufficient. So partly my fault that we're not satisfied with it. Should have done some research myself I guess. Temps vary as much as 7° per room....can't get it comfortable throughout the three rooms. Disappointed to say the least.