• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stephen Broady's "An Actual Trail Rig" build

The dash lay out isn't really set up for fancy screens and spod or whatever switches. I'm not 100% sold on them myself TBH. I'm still on the KISS program. I like things where I can keep a few basic parts on hand and fix almost any issue that comes up. If the board on one of those fancy switch deals takes a dump, your dead in the water. No body packs around a spare. I can throw a switch, a few fuses, a relay and a little wire in a trail bag and fix almost any issue I have.

I have a background dealing with electronics on trucks, tractors, etc. I've seen circuit boards fail, even with fancy coatings and connectors to keep the elements out.

I feel the same way bout it most of the time. Some days I wanna try the pdm/digital switch on the holley, but the lil bussman boxes I use havent let me down and I haven't been able to find enough reason to swap.

Since we're to the plumbing and wiring portion of this show now, I decided to check on my Holley Terminator X I ordered in March. I called Speedway and they told me they're still backordered. So after a check with Summitt, I canceled the Speedway order and hit them up (this tuesday), it is scheduled to be delivered this Friday and its almost to its destination in KY now so that's promising.

Holley had a lot of delays on this product because of the semi conductor shortage.

I don't think you can go wrong with it, the Term X is a great system.
One thing to check though is the harness. I've fought a few bad crimps on mine that drove me nuts for about 6 months. O2 wiring was bad from the get go, leading to problems with the data etc.

Holley had a lot of delays on this product because of the semi conductor shortage.

I don't think you can go wrong with it, the Term X is a great system.
One thing to check though is the harness. I've fought a few bad crimps on mine that drove me nuts for about 6 months. O2 wiring was bad from the get go, leading to problems with the data etc.

Yeah for sure on the delays. I was aware but getting a little antsy and figured I'd check around just the same.

and I'll have the wizzonator go over it with a fine tooth comb when it arrives just to be safe thumb.gif

19F7E156-7F00-4CD4-9C26-9A841928A768.jpeg

Here we go

The dash lay out isn't really set up for fancy screens and spod or whatever switches. I'm not 100% sold on them myself TBH. I'm still on the KISS program. I like things where I can keep a few basic parts on hand and fix almost any issue that comes up. If the board on one of those fancy switch deals takes a dump, your dead in the water. No body packs around a spare. I can throw a switch, a few fuses, a relay and a little wire in a trail bag and fix almost any issue I have.

I have a background dealing with electronics on trucks, tractors, etc. I've seen circuit boards fail, even with fancy coatings and connectors to keep the elements out.
Here recently there's been a couple videos of jk's burning to the ground because of their offbrand spod. I think that's a great move on your part. Electrical is simple if you keep it that way.

So, it's been 3 weeks! still no color?

at least the axles are all welded up and painted and ready to bolt in once it get's back, right?

need some pics haha

So, it's been 3 weeks! still no color?

at least the axles are all welded up and painted and ready to bolt in once it get's back, right?

need some pics haha

Still no color, going on 2 weeks beyond the their target completion date for that.

I can't speak to the axles , not sure where we're at there

Latest posts