• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stoney lonesome

rapidrob said:
The driver has been arrested and charged with manslaughter from what I understand

This exactly. Anyone who thinks alcohol had NOTHING to do with this is only trying to make their self feel better when out drinking and riding. Like it or not that is all it is. NOONE plays anymore and everyone needs to understand if you are buzzed not even drunk you will lose your life to prison walls if you decide to drink and ride.

None of this says I agree with charging him with manslaughter but it is a fact of our society today. Too many ambulance chasers that are more than happy to sue for whatever they can get. Ask me personally I lost $50k to a crack head piece of **** and wasn't even drunk. Just didn't have anyone to back my side of the story up.

I am not at all saying drinking wasn't a causal factor. I am trying to say that the common denominator in these and practically every off road death I have heard about is that they weren't wearing seat belts.

I'd just hate for someone to think "well, I'm not drinking so I don't need to buckle up." I don't Care if mine is being unloaded off the trailer or moved around the yard, it doesn't move unless everybody is buckled in.

creepycrawly said:
I am not at all saying drinking wasn't a causal factor. I am trying to say that the common denominator in these and practically every off road death I have heard about is that they weren't wearing seat belts.

I'd just hate for someone to think "well, I'm not drinking so I don't need to buckle up." I don't Care if mine is being unloaded off the trailer or moved around the yard, it doesn't move unless everybody is buckled in.

It's true that the lack of seatbelts was the factor that lead to her being ejected but you have to also think would she or the driver had made better judgements if one or both of them not been drinking? We don't know for sure but we've all seen alcohol cause people to make decisions that are pretty stupid. Not wearing a seatbelt, driving too fast, hitting obstacles that you KNOW you can't win. This is a dangerous sport already, why make it even more so by driving around drunk and stupid. There is already enough stupid on the trails as it is.

creepycrawly said:

I agree with this as well.

jpony645 said:
It's true that the lack of seatbelts was the factor that lead to her being ejected but you have to also think would she or the driver had made better judgements if one or both of them not been drinking? We don't know for sure but we've all seen alcohol cause people to make decisions that are pretty stupid. Not wearing a seatbelt, driving too fast, hitting obstacles that you KNOW you can't win. This is a dangerous sport already, why make it even more so by driving around drunk and stupid. There is already enough stupid on the trails as it is.

Was she , as you say " drunk and stupid " ? I dont know the full facts of the incident ( I said incident not accident )

P said:
Was she , as you say " drunk and stupid " ? I dont know the full facts of the incident ( I said incident not accident )

I'm not saying that she was. I haven't heard. Maybe they both were, maybe not. My point was it DOES affect your ability to make decisions. We've all seen it and I know we've all heard the phrase "liquid courage", right?

jpony645 said:
I'm not saying that she was. I haven't heard. Maybe they both were, maybe not. My point was it DOES affect your ability to make decisions. We've all seen it and I know we've all heard the phrase "liquid courage", right?

Yes sir I agree 110% and I drink and ride where it is allowed, freely admit it . I also belt up when I ride regardless of where I am or who I am with. I always try to plan for worst case scenario, I dont feel like enough people take that personal initiative. We participate in a dangerous hobby, and drinkin is also a dangerous hobby wheeling or not wheeling. Obviously, and we all agree combining the 2 increases the possibility for a very bad situation.
I hate that this happened, hate it every damn time it does... simply put if she was sober and he was sober, without them belts she still woulda died. Simple simple simple solution. Belt the **** up always. Me, I lap belt minimum always. I should fully harness always but Im stubborn and I admit that too. Folks gonna do what folks gonna do. I really hope this wasnt a minor, I really hope she placed herself into a bad scenario knowingly as could be expected and I fully think the driver regardless , has to bear the consequences because he ultimately is the one that ****ed up and caused a death he had the potential to not cause.

rapidrob said:
The driver has been arrested and charged with manslaughter from what I understand

Question to think about. "The driver has been arrested and charged with manslaughter from what I understand. " He's going to prison and has to live with the fact he killed someone. Do you think he regrets NOT having his and her seatbelts on? Drunk or Sober. :dunno:

We had a veteran operator where I work roll a 58,000 track hoe down a hill and killed him. He was not belted in. Slung him around inside the cab like a ragdoll breaking his neck multiple times before it came to a rest. He was partially hanging outside the cab door as it was partially opened after 3.5 rolls. Do you think he would change it if he was alive today? I think so, but he can't. HE"S DEAD.... Wear your seatbelts and expect that if I see you and you do not have them on, I will be giving you a short speech. It should be automatic when you get behind the wheel, whether taking it off the trailer or on the trail. It's not worth it not too.

ADMINISTRATOR

Re:

Kinda makes you wonder, if he would be charged if he was sober. Makes you wonder if, we could charged in a death of a rider with us.
Lets say ourselve, the rider are sober and wearing belts. Could it legally come back on the owner of the rig. If we did not make them wear the entire harness.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
Kinda makes you wonder, if he would be charged if he was sober. Makes you wonder if, we could charged in a death of a rider with us.
Lets say ourselve, the rider are sober and wearing belts. Could it legally come back on the owner of the rig. If we did not make them wear the entire harness.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Each scenario plays out differently, Prosecutor of the area and or sheriffs dept recommendation would dictate charge's Id think.

Thats why I said incident and not accident earlier. Alchol IS unfortunately a factor in this scenario. It didnt killer her, but its a factor after the fact.

Wear a GD belt

Honestly i think your an idiot if you dont wear a helmet. I took a nasty roll and had all my harnesses on and still hit my head. If i hadnt had my helmet on id hate to have seen how bad it would have been.

Re:

In the red baron, harnessed in, I could not touch a single thing with my head in any direction. I'm pro safety, but I never really did anything in my eyes to require a helmet. If I were hill shooting, sure I'd wear one. I barrel rolled off of Loop Springs at MMORV and didn't hit my head on anything. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ill take a bashing for this but i think alot of it is the sxs entering the market. If you have credit and a job you can go pick up one. Everybody i know that has owned or driven one will tell you the first time they took off in one they barell rolled it in an open field. They do way to good for what they are.

important as it is to wear your belts it is equally important you know how to use them correctly and quickly,friend of mine had a mild roll this weekend but was under water.
Fire is another good reason to practice and see how quick you can get. thumb.gif

Re:

TacomaJD said:
In the red baron, harnessed in, I could not touch a single thing with my head in any direction. I'm pro safety, but I never really did anything in my eyes to require a helmet. If I were hill shooting, sure I'd wear one. I barrel rolled off of Loop Springs at MMORV and didn't hit my head on anything. Lol

I had all 5 belts on they were just loose enough for me to move around. Lesson learned

Re: Re:

BUG-E J said:
I had all 5 belts on they were just loose enough for me to move around. Lesson learned
I had to use magnetic BK coozie when harnessed in, could reach to set beer on dash, had to stick it to the cage....haha.

BUG-E J said:
Ill take a bashing for this but i think alot of it is the sxs entering the market. If you have credit and a job you can go pick up one. Everybody i know that has owned or driven one will tell you the first time they took off in one they barell rolled it in an open field. They do way to good for what they are.

Won't get an argument from me. Jet skis of the off-road world.

This is one of the reasons I upgraded our seat belts in our jeep/ buggy.
Always had a 4 point. But they were separate. Meaning you could just wear the lap belt. I know stupid us. we have been in some seductions where after we said we should have had the shoulder harness on.
And it seem we were always wearing the lap belt. But not the shoulder harness. So I bought some that the were all in one. When you put the lap belt on you have to use the shoulder harness.

jeeppoor said:
This is one of the reasons I upgraded our seat belts in our jeep/ buggy.
Always had a 4 point. But they were separate. Meaning you could just wear the lap belt. I know stupid us. we have been in some seductions where after we said we should have had the shoulder harness on.
And it seem we were always wearing the lap belt. But not the shoulder harness. So I bought some that the were all in one. When you put the lap belt on you have to use the shoulder harness.

Are these the new simpson harnesses? I seen Jake Burkey talking about them. If so how do you like them?