• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stoney lonesome

Never understood how a state park could permit alcohol, guess it was the don't ask don't tell? This park will close due to the deaths sooner or later which will be a sad day. Park is a great place for family fun. But I stopped going on nite ride weekends because of the rzr crowd, not the rzr but the people with the lights, stereo and beer.
But who decides what is acceptable for each person? Bad apples in all walks of life, jetski ,hunting, motorcycles, what ever you do for a hobby. But the park closing or the deceased family's getting millions in cash won't bring life back. Wear your seatbelts, drink at camp and enjoy this sport while you can. Sorry for the ramble but I watched grayrock go away and never thought the good times would end.

Seems like that waiver you sign going into these parks saying there not responsible and if you get hurt its on you etc. would kinda stand up in court, but I know how shitty the court system is on that stuff.

The park is operated by Cullman County not the state of Alabama but for clarity. I hope things van move in the right direction. This is essentially the only park in Alabama that is not privately owned. I have always hoped for Stony to have great success and other county's follow in their footsteps and open more parks. The recent events will not help.

Instead of banning coolers they should just up the credit score on financing a RZR. Then you wouldn't see so many 20 year olds out there hauling ass on the trails the wrong way with no regard who is actually following the rules.

Re: Re:

98TJ said:
Grayrock just did cooler checks. I won't go back if they ban all coolers and I never carry alcohol in our cooler.
Yea banning all coolers will be a big blow to them and is going to far. They need to stop at just checking coolers

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re: Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
Yea banning all coolers will be a big blow to them and is going to far. They need to stop at just checking coolers

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

They may as well ban RZRs if they are going that far.

Seems like they should just search coolers like windrock does. Stony lonesome, windrock or wherever I'm wheeling can search my cooler at any time if that means the park can stay open. Hell at windrock they even made me open my toolbox, annoying but it helps them stay open if they can cut down on alcohol related incidents. Also less worried about some drunk in a RZR flying around a blind corner and hitting me there

this is sad to hear all the way around. I must say since i took my hiatus in wheeling in 2007 (grayrock and mmorv mostly) wheeled one time in 2012 at chocc. then once this last year at AOP im shocked at the difference. The freaking utv's are everywhere and i can see much much more risk. What exactly is the story with gray roc? can someone send a link or something? i dont want to de-rail the thread

Sad deal. We can chalk it up as being a dumbass all we want, but in reality the guy probably isn't much different than a lot of us here. I know I done stupid things that could have ended up just as bad, but luckily never did. Regardless of the legal ****ing he will probably get, he's gotta live with that **** for the rest of his life. I really feel for the guy...

a81d13f3721c00f8e4d4a91b57219c84.jpg

b0d48d21dc23f67b481e9bf66fcde611.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk