• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stony Lonesome Night Ride this weekend

Re:

Tons of sxs. My two friends with rigs were the only other 4x4s when I left.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

A lot of folks still have the RZR stigma attached to the park. Once your brain settles back into its upright position, give me an honest opinion of the place and what else you would like to see.

Any other pictures from the weekend? That can't be JJ's only pictures and videos.

I'm not aware of any other pics or vids. Maybe The Boss got some, but I don't think so.

I don't have many suggestions for the park to be honest. Its already one of the nicest ones I've been to, it has plenty of stuff for the 4x4's to do. We spent all day Fri. for the most part riding and only saw like half of the park. I'm no good at reading maps butThe Boss is and even he had a hard time keeping track of where we were. But the thing is that the maps ya'll have are some of the best ones of any of the parks I've been to. They're just so detailed with so many trails its a little confusing. You definitely need to have a numbered legend or something so that we can use trail names to judge where we are. That would probably be the biggest thing. There were tons of times where we were sitting in front of a named trail but had no way to tell which red line it was on the map. That's really my only gripe. I'll definitely be back to stay in a cabin again. Maybe not when its so cold though! :)

I also had a similar issue with the map. I would get so turned around that even when I saw one of the well marked entrances to a trail, I still didn't know which way I was facing in relation to the map

I've always wondered this but couldn't a park owner / operator simply create their own share-able and free Google Map by simply going to the beginning of each trail and adding a thumb tack with the trail name? Then a trail user could simply open the free map and see all the points on the trail easily. Of course, the actual trails wouldn't be on the Google map but the owner / operator could simply superimpose their hand drawn trails on the printed Google map. I think between GPS and a good printed map it would be very difficult to not know where you were.

I have only heard the word superimpose one other time. By a talking goat tied to a truck with a three foot rope.