• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stupid I know.. .but I have a phobia of Electricity....

P said:
i dont even know what Romex is.... :eek:
This is romex, it's handy because it has all the wires bundled together so it's nice and easy to pull inside of walls.

romex_12_2.jpg

This is PVC insulated wire (sometimes called bare wire). It's used inside of conduit.
PVC_Insulated_Wire.jpg

If you put romex inside of conduit it can get too hot. It's against code in my area so it has to be behind the drywall. If you run PVC insulated wire outside your walls without conduit it can get damaged. So the "right" way to do it is to buy conduit, pull the three wires you need (red hot/black hot/green ground) through it wire up the breaker and receptacle.

Good luck

Ambo said:
I think I want to go to Anthropology school next..... :dunno:

if you go for Anthropology, get your masters....my wife has a BS in that and was pretty much told she wouldnt find a job with out it, now she isnt using it at all.....she is now a High School science teacher. she loves dealin with all that kinda crap....weirdo's :dunno: molaugh

John, good idea with the dryer plug, I didnt even think about doing something like that. I might just make an extension cord that will go into the garage w/ a dryer plug on one end and the welder receptacle on the other.

P said I am not allowed to return to school after this semester... Guess he thinks that I want to be an undertaker form here on out :dunno:

Truth is, I actually like my job.... I just figured I could be a lifetime student! :popcorn:

thats good....sometimes its hard to find a job that ya actually like...LOL as long as being a full time student paid, then it would be worth it......P could still do it, as long as he paid into the GI Bill and it hasnt been over 10 years ( I think)

Ambo said:
Truth is, I actually like my job.... I just figured I could be a lifetime student! :popcorn:

my aunt was. spent about 20 years going back for different things. she's had her master's for maybe 5-6 years...and just decided to quit her job because her husband retired. laughing1

DavidsCJ7 said:
I think Peter knows how to do it, but I doubt he will help you. molaugh :flipoff1:

Close relative is an electrical engineer, but Paul never asked me....

Amber, school is where it's at...that is why I will be there for a while....

If somebody has some wire, can you spare a saturday to wire my garage? I'm moving soon but need somebody to welder my steering on my toyota.

Peter

MUCHADO said:
If somebody has some wire, can you spare a saturday to wire my garage? I'm moving soon but need somebody to welder my steering on my toyota.

Peter

X2

I stole snagged the ol breaker and althought it "almost" goes in, the side that "clips" into the rail or whatever you call it has little tabs that dont fit just like the tabs on the rails.. Looks like Ill have to purchase a breaker, the weird thing is they both say
type HACR thats why I snagged the other one. Is there some other type or description I should look at ?

Im going to take a damn picture of the ones in the box and just make sure they match up like that I guess.

its always summin. laughing1

P said:
I stole snagged the ol breaker and althought it "almost" goes in, the side that "clips" into the rail or whatever you call it has little tabs that dont fit just like the tabs on the rails.. Looks like Ill have to purchase a breaker, the weird thing is they both say
type HACR thats why I snagged the other one. Is there some other type or description I should look at ?

Im going to take a damn picture of the ones in the box and just make sure they match up like that I guess.

its always summin. laughing1

You still haven't done this? Fix your ****!

Man I just havent got a chance, The buggy has been sittin around collecting dust until today...

I just pulled the engine mounts out Im going to take them to work, plasma the plates off , get a breaker for the welder wire job and tommorow the engine will back in and located with some beef. :afro:

There are different types of breakers and breaker boxes. Some breakers are interchangeable and some not, just pull one of your breakers that is not in use and carry it with you. If you can't get it call and I will see if I can help further.

Ambers Gpa hooked me up with what i needed, I wired it last night and weldered my motor plates on and hung some headlights on the buggy !! thumb.gif

Latest posts