• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

super strong shocks.

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
So when going around corners i've got a lot of lean and the same goes for sidehills, i had so skyjacker/rancho/something nitro shocks on before my 5150 bilsteins and i think the 5150 bilsteins are too soft compared to the others, my only issue is i need a shock that has the body on top and not on the bottom because of steering arm clearance running dual shocks up front. Are there any single shocks that can handle ok, the front of the truck is 3000lb (don't laugh:redneck:) rear is 2000lb according to the scales...

It would ruind the old shocks if i ran them upside down...correct...? :corn::redneck:

single rancho rs 9000s will do.

Them pretty billstiens are a waste of money if you ask me.

I dont care for gas charged cheapies.^

Controlling body roll is not the purpose of a shock, why not put a sway bar in it?

i know, i was looking for some but was coming up with just regualr swar bars for what a car or jeep would use....:fawkdancesmiley: not the rock-crawling style, i'm not sure what brands are out there for them...:corn:

this so reminds me of a certain "bumpsteer thread".:rolleyes:

A whole bunch of expensive advice thats not going to be used properly anyways.

RS 9000s and crank them up till it rides like a lowered minitruck (stiff)

shocks do controll movement not body roll. But if you mob thru the crooked stuff the shocks will hold it up better than some old floppys.

and also, if you like it better before, then go back to the old shocks. you said it didnt roll as bad with the old shocks.

this so reminds me of a certain "bumpsteer thread".:rolleyes:

A whole bunch of expensive advice thats not going to be used properly anyways.

RS 9000s and crank them up till it rides like a lowered minitruck (stiff)

shocks do controll movement not body roll. But if you mob thru the crooked stuff the shocks will hold it up better than some old floppys.

and also, if you like it better before, then go back to the old shocks. you said it didnt roll as bad with the old shocks.

ya, but the shock body hits the steering arm, with the body on the lower side, the shcoks werent designed to run upside down i thought, so i removed them...

ya, but the shock body hits the steering arm, with the body on the lower side, the shcoks werent designed to run upside down i thought, so i removed them...

stop thinking. its gets you in too deep.

If they worked better that way, then it must be wrong, right?

if you have room for two upside down, why cant you run one right side up?

no problem. just spend about 400 on a sway bar. Then fit up there

or just get a $100 in shocks and bolt them up with no fab needed.

sometimes a bandaid is OK when surgery is not an option.

It was just an idea, and some people are OK with spending money on the right parts for the job instead of building everything outa used bandaid boxes :awesomework:

It was just an idea, and some people are OK with spending money on the right parts for the job instead of building everything outa used bandaid boxes :awesomework:

its an s10 that doesnt even get wheeled much.

Its a bandaid kinda rig.

There is always a better option. I personally wouldnt get caught dead in a GEO. I guess compromise is always an option that is affordable, right?

no problem. just spend about 400 on a sway bar. Then fit up there

or just get a $100 in shocks and bolt them up with no fab needed.

sometimes a bandaid is OK when surgery is not an option.

yes, it is a problem... First of all your throwing parts at a situation where you don't understand the dynamics going on. Second when you start putting anti-roll bars on a vehicle where it wasn't originally designed for one, or your changing the rates of them you are rewriting the handling characteristics. All of this is especially true on a street driven rig...

A band aid fix is only ok, when you understand what your doing and why your doing it, but then its still a band aid and you are still left with a shitty system.

yes, it is a problem... First of all your throwing parts at a situation where you don't understand the dynamics going on. Second when you start putting anti-roll bars on a vehicle where it wasn't originally designed for one, or your changing the rates of them you are rewriting the handling characteristics. All of this is especially true on a street driven rig...

A band aid fix is only ok, when you understand what your doing and why your doing it, but then its still a band aid and you are still left with a shitty system.

while you were busy thinkin I was wheelin.

good shocks help tons for body roll.

you and boonie should get lunch, I feel you guys think alot alike.

So what should I do? :corn: