• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tabs for 2007+two strokes?

bobbed_84_toy

ALWAY$ BROKE
Looking at buying a 2008 KTM 250sx. However, IIRC, after the two-stroke ban in 2006(?), all two strokes sold can only be used on closed courses, as you can not buy tabs for them?

Is this correct? Or is my memory out of whack? Probably going to try to buy the bike either way, it just may be a bargaining point :redneck:

Get the ORV tabs. You can't get a plate for it. It won't be legal on forrest service roads. Jeep trails, single tracks and DNR/state lands are open. A lot of forrest circus rangers won't ticket for tabs because the money doesn't stay with in their dept any more.

You're thinking of CA. They have red/green stickers with restrictions as to when/where you can ride. WA has no such restrictions. Go buy tabs...

Wa certainly does have restrictions. All riders and vehicles on forest service roads have to have a drivers license and be street legal. Go try and buy a plate for a KTM 250sx, the DMV will laugh you out of the building. On forest service trails you just need a plate or the OHV tabs.

All right, seems like it shouldn't be a problem to throw some Oregon ORV tabs on it. Wasn't planning on plating it. Anyone want to buy an 08 kx250f :beer:

A lot of forrest circus rangers won't ticket for tabs because the money doesn't stay with in their dept any more.

On the Cle Elum District maybe, Naches issues ciatations. FS never got the money anyway, all fines go into a national crime victims fund.

Wa certainly does have restrictions. All riders and vehicles on forest service roads have to have a drivers license and be street legal. Go try and buy a plate for a KTM 250sx, the DMV will laugh you out of the building. On forest service trails you just need a plate or the OHV tabs.

Who was talking about license plates? Hes talking about ORV tabs. Either buy WA tabs (or not in protest of the NOVA fund theft/ mismanagment/ negative bias towards ORVs) or buy an Oregon ORV sticker for 10$ (OR and WA are reciprical)

Two strokes aren't competition only (yet) and aren't restricted like CA has done (red stickers).

All right, seems like it shouldn't be a problem to throw some Oregon ORV tabs on it. Wasn't planning on plating it. Anyone want to buy an 08 kx250f :beer:

Why not just go get WA tabs? Only one of my bikes is street legal and all of them have WA tabs, 2 and 4 stroke doesn't matter here.

If you are a Washington resident and you have Oregon ORV tabs on your bike then you can still be ticketed when in Washington. It is the same as registering your car in Oregon and living in Washington. I heard this at a fun run at Belfair from the LEOs that were there. They made this clear to everyone there. I'm not saying that they will waste their time ticketing you but they can. I would just buy the tabs in Wahington if you live here, they will honor them in Oregon and Idaho if you ride there also.

If you are a Washington resident and you have Oregon ORV tabs on your bike then you can still be ticketed when in Washington. It is the same as registering your car in Oregon and living in Washington. I heard this at a fun run at Belfair from the LEOs that were there. They made this clear to everyone there. I'm not saying that they will waste their time ticketing you but they can. I would just buy the tabs in Wahington if you live here, they will honor them in Oregon and Idaho if you ride there also.

True